Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Guru Shaming

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
31 of 53

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

lol I am not trying to shame you I swear! I've just never heard the word used the way you use it. For example: "Yikes, sweaty. Freelancer shoulda run if you indeed said it wasn't complicated and simple to do for a competent coder. haha that's textbook "client to avoid." "

It's ok I deserved to be shamed. 

Here I am bustin my hump for da man and you guys shame me. Don't you know who I am? I'm a community guru gdammit.

Walk Of Shame GIF

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
32 of 53

Mark, the video snippet you posted is very short. I think I remember the scene was longer. And way more interesting.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
33 of 53

Amanda L wrote:

Oh crap. I just became a "Community Leader." Let me make it clear now. I know nothing. Smiley Very Happy

@Amanda 

I notice that you haven't become a "solutions author" yet. Good for you!!!!
I think it's a little easier going if you don't come across as a "Community Learder" who can solve anything. So just keep focusing on not solving anything, and you should be fine. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
34 of 53

Renata S wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Oh crap. I just became a "Community Leader." Let me make it clear now. I know nothing. Smiley Very Happy

@Amanda 

I think it's a little easier going if you don't come across as a "Community Learder" who can solve anything. So just keep focusing on not solving anything, and you should be fine. Smiley Happy

I had no idea there was a method to my (statistically verified) unhelpfulness.

Community Leader
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
35 of 53

Renata S wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

@Amanda 

Awesome. I'll make sure to keep making pointless comments that are completely unhelpful. Every forum needs a few of those...

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
36 of 53

Amanda L wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

@Amanda 

Awesome. I'll make sure to keep making pointless comments that are completely unhelpful. Every forum needs a few of those...

Very true. Without unhelpful comments there'd be nothing to criticise. And where's the fun in that?

Community Leader
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
37 of 53

Richard W wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Renata S wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

@Amanda 

Very true. Without unhelpful comments there'd be nothing to criticise. And where's the fun in that?

Apparently I'm also top kudoed now. Is there a monetary prize for that? Or does UpWork charge for that honor too?

Community Leader
Ivan L Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
38 of 53
Yeah, its a simplistic algorithm which doesn't take into account the quality of our contribution, just the quantity. :-)
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
39 of 53

Mark F wrote:

Has anyone besides me wondered why some people fixate on the community titles when they are irritated about what we post?  

It's always some varaition of "I would expect more from a community guru!"

Wait till they post enough rants so they get this stupid label too.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
40 of 53

Wait until someone throws a dart that lands on your photo and suddenly you're the Featured Contributor. Then freelancers assume you MUST be an upwork employee and send all their customer service requests to you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS