» Forums » Coffee Break » Dark theme
Page options
Lukman B Community Member

Dark theme

We need a dark theme for upwork it's so bright at night 😄 😄 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

We would like to let you know that Dark Mode is now available on the Upwork platform. You can change to Dark Mode by following the selecting profile and the top right corner > Theme > Dark Mode.

Below is a screenshot for reference. 

NikolaS_0-1717756342818.png

Feel free to visit this article for more information. We encourage you to try it and share your feedback on this thread

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

191 REPLIES 191
Michael S Community Member

A dark theme with full black on mobile would be great for OLED users, too.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Lukman,

Thanks for your suggestion. I shared your feedback with our team for consideration.

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Didac B Community Member

Please, we need this option Aleksandar D. Its about our healthy. Thank you.

Sean B Community Member

Yes please, dark mode would be incredible! Thank you.

Camilo D Community Member

It's been 2 years!! was it ever implemented? I'm new to upwork and it's really hurting my eyes!! It burns!

Schouzib I Community Member

Hi, Aleksander. No update yet, it is gonna be 4 years now :') Please bring in dark mode for mobile and desktop.

Matias S Community Member

yes, that would be great. Just a basic theme, no need to change much just, minimalist is ok.

Sheila F Community Member

There are extensions that can be added to browsers to do this.

I'm using Chrome and added NightShift

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/change%20colors?hl=en

You can set it to switch on at sunset and also choose the general color to use.

Works well enough for me. I like the blue tint.

Robin B Community Member

Dark Reader is another great option. So is Flux. Flux is free (not an extension) and works on Mac and Windows. 

Abdul R Community Member

I have to use upwork for hours... dark theme is my only cure.

Robin B Community Member

Try Dark Reader (plug in, but doesn't always work great with Google Docs so double check them before sending them to a client IF you use that. Or try Flux (google just get flux). I use Flux. It's also free. It works on both Mac and Windows. I leave mine on Candlelight or Ember most of the time because I have severe light sensitivity. Hope that helps you. 

Tony C Community Member

Please implement a dark theme. 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Tony, 

Please know that this has already been suggested before, and it doesn't look like it will be implemented anytime soon. If this changes, we'll make sure to announce it here in the Community. 

~ Avery
Joanna-Paula B Community Member

Why not? If it's highly desired, why not implement this option?

Edwin P Community Member

If Dark theme seems impossible to be implemented, can we at least have an option to change the color of the background? 

To reduce our eye strain in a dimly lit room.

Thanks in advance.

Zharko K Community Member

Dear all,

I know that a lot of you work with Dark Themes, for example my Adobe Suite is all Dark and almost all of my apps. Although I use the Upwork mobile app quite a lot, I would love to see the option of a Dark theme for both the website and app as it will really benefit our eyes. How can we provide an official request to the Upwork Team so this is slightly considered?

Kind Regards
Zharko

Antun M Community Member

Zharko K wrote:

Dear all,

I know that a lot of you work with Dark Themes, for example my Adobe Suite is all Dark and almost all of my apps. Although I use the Upwork mobile app quite a lot, I would love to see the option of a Dark theme for both the website and app as it will really benefit our eyes. How can we provide an official request to the Upwork Team so this is slightly considered?

Kind Regards
Zharko

There is a work-around suggested by Sheila F here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Dark-theme/m-p/598580

Toma T Community Member

Yes, I need dark-theme too.

Samiur R Community Member

i also need dark mood, i cant work in light mood,

Usman Y Community Member

Use this chrome extension called "dark reader"... hope it helps

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

ssup.png

Ali S Community Member

Don't feel very comfortable around 3rd-party extensions and apps.

A built-in dark mode on UpWork would be really nice. It doesn't even have to be on client-side. Just here on freelancer-side would do. 

Elyannie W Community Member

Zharko K wrote:

Dear all,

Kind Regards
Zharko

Dark theme would be preferred. It's easier on the eyes.

Usman Y Community Member

Use this chrome extension called "dark reader"... hope it helps

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nicola P Community Member

It's not a magic trick, I'm just using Firefox with the add-on called Dark Mode. All websites background are modified and this is the result on our loved Upwork 🙂

I remember I've read some posts about the difficulties on reading for someone in here, and I hope this solution may help them too.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Screenshot_2.jpg

Latest Articles
Learning Paths