🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Do you prefer to work from home or you work f...
Page options
rafikdz
Community Member

Do you prefer to work from home or you work from an office?

I have been working from home for 8 years, recently I moved into a professional working space with collegues and working time.

I still work from home occasionally.

How about you? What do you prefer?

96 REPLIES 96

Really, if the workplace is somewhat far away, it negatively affects the productivity over time

spxpert
Community Member

Work from Home 

After working decades of working from office,  I realized how much time we wasted in the name of "collaboration".  Working from home since last 3+ years,  I have realized that it's more time saving and cost effective.  Saves fuel, saves 2+ hours of travel time and mind sucking drives.

I am more productive and focused while working from home now,  it helps me get more done and also gives me freedom to extend my hours when required and also reduce it when needed.

It also puts less pressure on the weekends now, I get most of unproductive household chores done when it takes less time. What's the point of standing in grocery queue for 20-30 mins when the entire thing could be done in 30 mins on the weekdays when it's less busy.

rafikdz
Community Member

Good point mr sudhir 👌

rafikdz
Community Member

Yes, that is so right, being at home put a lot less pressures on your schedule and saves time.

c26e5034
Community Member

in Home definitefly 

rafikdz
Community Member

a good choice!!

rafikdz
Community Member

Yaaah ,Embrace the freedom of working from home ,Unleash productivity, escape commutes, and relish the luxury of saved travel time

c26e5034
Community Member

This is exactly what I'm looking for

rafikdz
Community Member

really...

rafikdz
Community Member

That is what everyone is looking for, minimising input, and maximising output

4060470c
Community Member

I prefer home 🙂

rafikdz
Community Member

Great , Do you have a reasons? Ms Ashley

17a409ae
Community Member

Those who like to work at home, I think they have the same reasons

rafikdz
Community Member

I think everyone has their reasons mr abderrahmane 

17a409ae
Community Member

I think womens prefer to work at home

551360b6
Community Member

hi 
i'm doing work from home but i would prefer an office because an proper workspace provide much more professional feel and that thing boost work performance also.

rafikdz
Community Member

This is exactly what some of the participants in this conversation pointed out

Perfect choice Mr Abdul 👌

cabisadaandrian
Community Member

as for me. I'm far away from the City and the City near to me doesn't offer any tech related jobs. So I am fully remote and so far I don't have plans going hybrid or on site

Good luck Adrian , but what do you prefer, regardless of all the factors surrounding you? Home or office 

home

Why ? adrian

c940c945
Community Member

It depends, if you live alone home is the best place but if you are not alone the noise is .... also if you are working at home procrastination is the most challenging thing. However, if you are working from your work space you will be ethical on your work.

rafikdz
Community Member

You bring up a valid point. Home can be a comfortable workspace, but it also presents challenges like noise and distractions. What strategies do you use to minimize distractions and stay productive when working from home or in a shared space?

weltreligion
Community Member

It depends on personal preferences and the nature of the job. I prefer the flexibility and comfort of working from home. It's essential to find the balance that works best for one's productivity and well-being.

I completely agree with you! Finding the right balance between remote work and in-office work is crucial. It allows us to maximize productivity while ensuring our well-being.

448c15d8
Community Member

I spent roughly 7 years on a hybrid schedule before 2020 hit. It was the best of both worlds -- interaction with people and solo time for heads down work (or the occasional load of laundry). Now that I'm entirely home-based, I miss the coffee conversations or just being a space with people. I'm actively trying to up my earnings to offest the $$ of a co-working space.

rafikdz
Community Member

right now I am fully on office and I miss those day where I was working home

e8c64d46
Community Member

physically working 5-8 hrs/d, but mentally for 24 hrs, probabbly untill get engaged by work on Upwork

rafikdz
Community Member

How long do you work daily? Mr Arif 

mayalee99
Community Member

I feel like working from home is much productive and has many benefits.

I definitely like working from home!

Great , Do you have a reasons? Ms Mariam

superphily
Community Member

Work from home all the way, honestly.

b791d813
Community Member

I like when I can find a work from home because of not having to worry about traveling every day, as most of my jobs have been out of home where I came in contact with the public, so thankful for the upgrade in technology today!

rafikdz
Community Member

Absolutely Ms Alice
Remote work is a game-changer, eliminating the stress of commuting and allowing for a better work-life balance. Technology has truly transformed the way we work, giving us the freedom to be productive from the comfort of our homes, But it's not a good idea for everyone hhhhhh
Did you see the previs comments?

85cbd252
Community Member

Hello! Personally, I love working from home and managing my time, I have time to go to the gym, go out in the afternoon, come back, do my work.

On the other hand, I have already worked for about 4 years in an office, with a group of colleagues, and it is not that fun hahaha. I imagine if they were friends it would be!

Greetings and have a good weekend to everyone!✌️

rafikdz
Community Member

Working from home offers the freedom to structure your day in a way that aligns with your personal needs and interests , whether it's hitting the gym, soaking up the afternoon sun, or diving into your work with renewed focus. It's a lifestyle that prioritizes flexibility and autonomy ,well done Efigenia 

06740de2
Community Member

Three hours spent commuting on sardine-packed trains when you are vertically challenged is not fun! I don't miss being stuck under people's armpits, especially in the summer. The only downside to working from home is the constant solitude. When you start naming spiders in your apartment, you know you have a problem.  I would not go back to the corporate jungle. I loved the humans but I need my freedom. 

rafikdz
Community Member

Absolutely Miss k ,working from home offers relief from crowded commutes, but solitude can weigh heavy. How about striking a balance?
Perhaps occasional office days could offer both connection and freedom. What do you think?

06740de2
Community Member

Well, Mr T, I'm thinking digital nomad lifestyle and shared co-working spaces for expats. I saw a documentary on YouTube a few weeks ago and all the expats were working on their laptops together in a beach cafe in Thailand. Looked more exciting than sunny England. I can see from others' responses that they are already living that kind of lifestyle. I think I might join them soon. Looks exciting! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths