🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Do you prefer to work from home or you work f...
Page options
rafikdz
Community Member

Do you prefer to work from home or you work from an office?

I have been working from home for 8 years, recently I moved into a professional working space with collegues and working time.

I still work from home occasionally.

How about you? What do you prefer?

96 REPLIES 96
cartrellhampton
Community Member

Hello,
I prefer working from home. But before I went into self-employment working from home full-time, I used to work in professional spaces, including a corporate office, a call center, a warehouse, and a data center.

nice experience, I enjoy both myself.

e5fcbec9
Community Member

i prefer to work from home, I feel easyly office work is depending on time work frame, and outback regularly so its better for us to work from home and save the time.

rafikdz
Community Member

that is true, but what I mean here is working for yourself in your own office, but just away from home.

for me, I work from home in the early morning when everyone if sleeping. I do my ultimate focus. then I go to the office, I meet colleagues and I do more collaborative work.

mintumondal65
Community Member

Hi, I would prefer to work from home because I will have extra time to spend with my family and friends. 

Beautiful approach

Do you stay focused?

rafikdz
Community Member

This depends on the person , If he controls his feelings, he divides his time

Beautiful point of view

williamtcooper
Community Member

At home for the past 15 years and wouldn't change a thing.

Have you ever thought about changing?

rafikdz
Community Member

I feel like there is an agreement about it.

d7d3f99e
Community Member

I've been working from home since 2013 and it definitely has its pros and cons. I love not having to commute, being able to take breaks on my one time, not having to get all dressed up and ready and the best part is not having my puppy have to stay alone. He is a very attached dog and I don't think he would do well alone. However I do miss being around people and collaborating. Sometimes working from home can feel like your alone on an island if that makes sense. 

rafikdz
Community Member

you are right Dominique, working from home has its perks.
Have you tried joining online communities to connect with others? It could help

c109288b
Community Member

I prefer to work from home.

Cauz I always feel free and peace at home.

rafikdz
Community Member

Indeed 

belle0815
Community Member

I used to work in an office for more than 10 years and was assigned to the coastal areas for environmental conservation, and community development work.

It has been spiritually fulfilling for me to work with people from different walks of life, having an uplifting and empowering conversation with them and deeply connecting with them from the very core of my being.

For the time being, I would love to do freelance work where I can complete the tasks or projects anywhere - at home, park, beach, and in other places where my heart and soul feel at peace. 

I can not agree more, I love working from home. I have done it for 10 years, maybe upwork was the resean why I started in the first place.

now I am building a business and I am trying to be flexible with my team, you can work from home or office.

2bccd5ef
Community Member

Working from home due to severe social anxiety (I can handle online interactions but put me in a room with lots of people and I shut down) and never having to deal with those annoying co-workers that just won't leave you the heck alone

rafikdz
Community Member

well, I enjoy working from home, but maybe you did have really bad coworkers ?

spalaum
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I like working from home and have been doing it for many years. However from time to time I feel the need to interact with other people and yearn to go to a busy office!

rafikdz
Community Member

Hi Santiago, 

yes, there is some kind of balance we need to achieve 

spalaum
Community Member

Very true Rafik!

badb12d4
Community Member

Well you have a lot of experience in the field of freelancing but I am new to this platform Due to high competition I am not getting work on upwork I am a software engineering student in Karachi Pakistan to pay my fees I have started freelancing but I am not getting jobs can you please help me to get clients on upwork my proposals are not accepting by the client side  I dont know what to do 

rafikdz
Community Member

Hi shehroz, I welcome you to the platform

Good luck 

rafikdz
Community Member

Thank you Abderrahmane

985bcfb4
Community Member

Each one has its pros and cons, but prefer working from home, because sometimes you love to make you an espresso while you're waiting for something to load, sometimes you want to listen to a podcast while you're working, sometimes you wanna work at night.

the only bad thing is that you may get distracted sometimes, other than that working from home is 100%

rafikdz
Community Member

There is almost an agreement. That working from home is more appealing to freelancers here.

a8ee0270
Community Member

for me, I prefer work from home because you have your own schedule of works and also, there is no need to travel grom your home to the office

nice thinking.

rafikdz
Community Member

Yes, it is a prospective topic

rafikdz
Community Member

Thank you guys, I did enjoy the discussion

17a409ae
Community Member

Hello, all

I'm irresistibly drawn to the idea of engaging with fellow individuals and am eager to immerse myself in the vibrant hustle and bustle of a bustling office environment 

Fate decided that I would work at home today....hhhhh😅

rafikdz
Community Member

It is OK to change the routines sometimes

6516c0f5
Community Member

Work from home as it saves lot of travel time

Aaisha,

How much travel time did it save you?

for me I spend about 1.5 hrs each day.  

Latest Articles
Learning Paths