🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Feature Request: Independent Beta System for ...
Page options
ibtesamsadiq
Community Member

Feature Request: Independent Beta System for Upwork

Hi,
I am new to Upwork and recently I faced a bug on site. I reported it on the Upwork community then people also started posting the same issue. and after one day, Upwork said that issue has been fixed but people are still complaining about it. I know that it wasn't the first time when people faced a bug on Upwork.
So, I think there should be a beta system like Facebook implemented when they changed the interface completely a while ago. They enabled that new interface for some people to test if it works. After that testing, they implemented it to all user accounts.
Just like that, Upwork should have a beta version so only those people who want to use the latest features use it, or they can hire few people to do beta testing. And once they know that new changes work without any issue and there are no bugs then they can add them to all user accounts. That way people who don't like to face bugs will be able to get a better experience while using Upwork.
Thanks,
Ibtesam Sadiq
3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ibtesam,

We do try out new features -- both big and small -- by conducting testing with a small group of users. This is the standard practice for most companies, and tests can sometimes last weeks or just a few days. Thank you for your feedback about the stability of the platform and bugs, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

What are you saying, Ibtesam? The production code is not fully tested? The automated tests didn't cover everything? Regression tests didn't reveal every bug in the updated part of the code?? The manual testers didn't find everything???

That's simply impossible, right? One in a million chance... 🤪

I don't know what method is being followed by Upwork and how much testing they do after adding new features but I noticed that people lost the opportunities where they accepted the invite and the client didn't get any proposal.
It was just a personal opinion. I know that Upwork try to maintain everything as much as they can but still there will be always a need for improvements.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths