🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Replace JSS with Performance Badges
Page options
craigclayton
Community Member

Replace JSS with Performance Badges

I think JSS should be replaced with badges.

There are so many problems with JSS, not just in the idea, but particularly the execution. The idea that a one size fits all formula could cover the vast array of occupations and job types is ludicruous.

In addition it penalizes, which is not fair. All freelancers should be treated equally by Upwork.

I recommend performance badges as an alternative.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Craig, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

Craig C wrote:

I think JSS should be replaced with badges.

There are so many problems with JSS, not just in the idea, but particularly the execution. The idea that a one size fits all formula could cover the vast array of occupations and job types is ludicruous.

In addition it penalizes, which is not fair. All freelancers should be treated equally by Upwork.

I recommend performance badges as an alternative.

(You have to be careful what you wish for on Upwork, the realization of a wish granted may not be quite what you have in mind!)

What do you mean by 'it penalizes'?

Do you mean that clients are less likely to recruit freelancers with a poor JSS? - because that's kind of the point of having it. It helps clients to find the best freelancer for the job, and avoid those with a poor history on the platform. 

And, putting aside that we already have performance badges, won't they also mean some freelancers are more or less likely to be hired than others? How would that differ from a JSS?

Holy hell. Please don't suggest changes. Someone may try to implement them and break something. Leave things as they are!

kinector
Community Member

There's only one real metric for freelancers. Total earnings. 🤑

Those who have no day jobs, rely on their own ability to find their clients, and make it work for more than 5 years (the magic limit by which half of new businesses of all kinds fail), I salute to you! 👍👍
Latest Articles
Learning Paths