Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
31 of 61

re: "what is your method of addressing that?"

Upwork Community Forum.

obviously

Ace Contributor
LIN F Member Since: Apr 30, 2016
32 of 61
Two dogs and four cats keep me company during the day, but It can be very isolating. Sometimes days will pass before I realize that the only conversations I’ve had are the brief ones with my partner in the evenings. Recently signed up with a local freelancing group who have meetups - everyone takes along their laptops and works alongside each other in a in a public space for 3 hours a week. Have yet to attend one, but I think it’s a great way to change the scenery and force some human contact-so looking forward to it.
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
33 of 61

Well, I have another job which is inline skating teaching so I do interact with other people face to face. At home I am always studying languages, and when I do that I have to answer recorded voices asking me things, so that keeps me with the illusion that I am talking with a human being. Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
34 of 61

Sergio S wrote:

Well, I have another job which is inline skating teaching so I do interact with other people face to face. 

Oh that's pretty neat. Pics?

Community Guru
35 of 61

Jennifer M wrote:

Sergio S wrote:

Well, I have another job which is inline skating teaching so I do interact with other people face to face. 

Oh that's pretty neat. Pics?

Well... I am sending you one through PM.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
36 of 61

Preston H wrote:

re: "what is your method of addressing that?"

Upwork Community Forum.

obviously

Truth.  

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
37 of 61

Tom Z wrote:

Working remotely can be lonely -- what is your method of addressing that?

I may be the odd woman out on this topic...but, I don't get lonely at all. 

I do become stir crazy sitting in the same room all day. So, I'll pack up my work belongings and head on down to a local work coop. But, then the egregiously loud real estate agent starts yelling on her phone with her office door open. Everything has its trade-offs. 

Ace Contributor
Remi O Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
38 of 61

I'm with you Kat. I don't get lonely at all. I guess it's because of my personality plus, yes, I do think of the craziness I've experienced in workplaces in the past. No, thanks!

I always do stuff on the weekends with friends and groups I'm a part of. And I do have lunch with friends during the week so that helps.

Community Guru
39 of 61

Remi O wrote:

I'm with you Kat. I don't get lonely at all. I guess it's because of my personality plus, yes, I do think of the craziness I've experienced in workplaces in the past. No, thanks!

If there is something I hate in the open space offices so fashionable in this millenium is the constant ruckus that doesn't allow me to concentrate. When I remember the time when I had to go through that I feel blessed being "unemployed" and lonely. I am so much efficient now. But yeah, I guess it's because of my personality.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
40 of 61

One of the big benefits of freelancing is flexibility, which includes the flexibility to go to the gym mid-morning, have a two-hour lunch with a friend, call your mom when the whim strikes, volunteer during hours that are typically hard for non-profits to staff (and so on, and so on). 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS