Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Freelancing = Loneliness?

Ace Contributor
Manilal B Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
51 of 61

the primary reason I have this zeal to go to the gym is bcoz I just want to get out of my place for atleast couple of hours everyday & if I do not do that, there's a high probability that I'll just be cooped up in my room for the whole day or so! (*unless I do have movie plans or catching up with friends which is occasional)

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
52 of 61

Manilal B wrote:

the primary reason I have this zeal to go to the gym is bcoz I just want to get out of my place for atleast couple of hours everyday & if I do not do that, there's a high probability that I'll just be cooped up in my room for the whole day or so! (*unless I do have movie plans or catching up with friends which is occasional)


I do the same thing brah do you even lift brah?

 

I have been self training myself since April. Had to move to a treadmill because I injured myself running on cement, but I'm up to 4 miles at a nice relaxing pace (43 minutes for 4 miles, which is slow but comfortable). I do 3-4 miles a day now except when I sometimes feel pain, which is today. I hate skipping days though because I get a runner's high after I run. I don't feel it while I run but after is a cool feeling.

 

For anyone interested, the trick for me was noise cancelling earbuds, Pandora on my phone and a Fitbit so that I can never look at time/distance. I go by the Fitbit's buzzing when I hit each mile and focus on the music. Never look down at your distance/time or it will frustrate you.

Ace Contributor
Manilal B Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
53 of 61
I do the same thing brah do you even lift brah?

my routine includes maybe around 70% weight lifting and 30% cardio. for years I have been this all-cardio guy with negligible lifting and then came along this trainer who is persistent on me getting habituated to more of lifting if I wanted to be on the course to building muscle.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
54 of 61

Manilal,

 

"my routine includes maybe around 70% weight lifting and 30% cardio. for years I have been this all-cardio guy with negligible lifting and then came along this trainer who is persistent on me getting habituated to more of lifting if I wanted to be on the course to building muscle."

 

My routine includes 70% mix of LDL, bacon fat and processed sugar, and 30% coffee and/or booze.

 

As for dealing with loneliness, I'm an off-the-chart introvert. I answer the phone with "I'm busy" and immediately hang up. I answer the door with "Go Away." I answer mail with "Addressee Deceased;" I have a couple hundred pre=printed.

Ace Contributor
Manilal B Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
55 of 61

My routine includes 70% mix of LDL, bacon fat and processed sugar, and 30% coffee and/or booze.


huh.. wow.. I mean I dont think I can compete with thatCat Wink

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
56 of 61

Bill,

 

My brother has an answerphone message that is in butlerish very UK English. The phone rings: Butler answers and then says, with the other person still on the line, "Sir, it's XYZ, shall I tell him/her to ****-off?"

 

My brother is outgoing and his clients usually forgive him ...  

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
57 of 61

Nichola L wrote:

Bill,

 

My brother has an answerphone message that is in butlerish very UK English. The phone rings: Butler answers and then says, with the other person still on the line, "Sir, it's XYZ, shall I tell him/her to ****-off?"

 

My brother is outgoing and his clients usually forgive him ...  


When I still owned a cell phone I had that same answering message, but unlike your brother, I am not outgoing at all, and people who know me knew and understood that I hated it when the phone rang at random times. So in my case, I really meant what the butler said when the phone rang.  

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
58 of 61

Jennifer -- I will let you in on a secret... I'm a gymrat.

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
59 of 61

Tom Z wrote:

... what is your method of addressing that?


I start arguments on the internet with people I don't know.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
60 of 61

Steven E. L wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

... what is your method of addressing that?


I start arguments on the internet with people I don't know.


Ha!

 

argue.jpg

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS