🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Freelancing Since
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

Freelancing Since

I have been freelancing now for 20+ Years. How long have you been Freelancing for?

18 REPLIES 18
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Since 2001 but I took a "real" job from 2005-2011.  (Katrina hit hard and I was nervous about contract work in New Orleans afterwards.

Hey Mary, Nice. That is quite a long time. I have been doing it since 1996. Crazy when I think that. I did take one a full time job for 2 years in between and did run an agency for 3 years, but the others were mostly freelance!

carter-stuart_da
Community Member

Since August 2020 due to Covid restrictions.

Nice. I hope you are doing well with it.

same for me

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I started freelancing part-time in 1999, full-time since 2000.

Nice, Its been a long haul, consistency is KEY. Great Job!

3a761b81
Community Member

Relatively new in the freelancing field. I made my Upwork profile last year and started bidding for jobs in March of this year. So you can say it's been just 9 months of part-time freelancing experience for me. I have enjoyed it so far.

angelbcn
Community Member

Started one year ago, I've been doing it full-time for 3 months now.

That is great Angel! Enjoy the Holidays!

melaniekhenson
Community Member

18 years. (Six on Upwork.)

wahooo

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

2 years 🙂 I wish i had started way earlier. Better late than never!

That is great. Yes, good you have started now : )

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Made my profile on Upwork in Dec 2019, and after sending 100s of proposals in the first few months I gave it up! then after a few months, something prompted me to give it another go again, and again after sending several 100 proposals with no success except for 2 small projects I gave it up!

During the lockdowns, I tried again around Aug-Sep 2020 and since then I have been getting regular projects! 

So I have been on this platform for about 2 years and a few months....but I was freelancing on and off on other platforms! 

Hey Ashraf,

I am glad you never gave up!

virtualbrix
Community Member

Its now 2023, who here is new to freelancing in 2023! Lets Go!

virtualbrix
Community Member

Feel free to put your experience in here. I am here to help if you have any questions!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths