🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How Many languages do you speak and where are...
Page options
fe3dbad8
Community Member

How Many languages do you speak and where are you from?

I am from Brazil, I speak portuguese, english, french and spanish

how about you?

10 REPLIES 10
10dde5ca
Community Member

6 languages i can speak, im from India.

uau ! Many languages, huh? What are the languages?

8bdf8505
Community Member

I can speak in three languages. Telugu, Hindi, English. I feel we open a new world of thoughts if we learn a new language. Every language teaches us about some different culture and has its own poetry. If we can understand multiple languages our brain can analyse the problem in multiple dimensions. Ofcourse this is valid more for human relations and not analytical problems.

fe3dbad8
Community Member

I agree with you, I hope I can learn Hindi and know more about your culture 🙂

fcac4c1d
Community Member

Hello my dear friends!
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

(disclamer: just showing off 😉: my levels in these languages are fairly different)

db4c43df
Community Member

I am an American. My second language is German. I always ask Google how to say something in German to improve my speaking skills. I want to learn to speak Italian and Spanish.

I want to learn German after I learn italian 😬

30b75b8c
Community Member

I speak English and Spanish. I do dabble on Russian a bit, but it's very rusty since I haven't spoken it in over 20 years. I'm also learning German now 🙂

644c7317
Community Member

I speak English and Filipino fluently, and know some of our local dialect here in the Philippines. I am also currently learning Japanese, Italian, and French, and would love to learn French and Portuguese next!

I'm American and speak English.  I got my  undergraduate degree in French Literature and so was fluent for a very long time.  I also studied German and remarkably remember a good bit.  I spent a summer in Italy in college and found Italian was easy to pick up.  I am surrounded by Spanish speakers where I live but I keep mixing up Spanish and Italian so, alors...

My late brother worked for the US State Department and was fluent in 10 or 11 languages, including Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Italian, French, Spanish, German, and Somali.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths