🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How to work faster
Page options
448a8e9e
Community Member

How to work faster

Do you guys have any idea how I can speed up backend development for my start up?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do you guys have any idea how I can speed up backend development for my start up?"

Hire 8 developers.

Assign them tasks that need to be done on the project.

After each of them have worked for two hours, carefully evaluate their work.

Close the contracts on all of them except the two who work the fastest while providing quality work.

Continue the project with those two.

Do a lot of clients do that? It looks like it's worked out well for you. I think most people are afraid of spending so much money hiring people they won't keep, even if it saves money in the long run.

I don't know how many clients do this.

But the math is very basic.

If I have a development project that will require about 500 hours total development time, I will save a lot of money if I am paying freelancers who provide more value. It makes sense to invest the time and money in finding those freelancers.

Hiring multiple freelancers to find the ones who provide the most value is NOT necessary for a client who has an unlimited budget. It is NOT necessary for a client with a tiny project.

It is a vital step for any client who has a limited budget and a large project.

Also: If you have an unlimited budget or very large budget and a large project, and you want the project done faster, then of course you will hire multiple freelancers.

A large development project can and should be divided into separate parts. Those parts can be assigned to multiple people working simultaneously. This is a standard practice for the larger the projects I get hired to work on on Upwork.

Preston, I was thinking maybe we could go to the racetrack together sometime ... 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths