🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Metaverse
Page options
0e581242
Community Member

Metaverse

Wonder ,
How much Metaverse can change the world,
Being a Metaverse developer Got much clients who don't even understand what metaverse is Actually , All they want is just to join the trend even they don't need it.

What you guys think of it 
What can be the future of Metaverse 

22 REPLIES 22
prestonhunter
Community Member

meh-taverse

Actually I am mentioning the MetaVerse 
the Trend by Zuckberg 
and now making everything virtual

even many of them out there want to do food order using metaverse and crypto 

some wants Metaverse VR night Club

SomeWants Metaverse Store for sell purchase

Some wants to make Metaverse School..

these do make sense

But what if someone say I want to have an eye hospital in Metaverse ?
does it make sense ?

what is someone say I want to resturant where people can have virtual food ?
does it make sense ?

So far about Crypto , NFT 
what can be the future also..
Do 15000eth worth for PNG ?

how far can we go in this ?

It's called brainwashing, which will bend the minds of millions of people. Metaverse is likely to be ultra-destructive, and perhaps will implode,  who knows. TG I am far too old to fall for its siren call. 

how will you define ultra-destructive?
I mean its fun no doubt

I also have number of world wide friend I made in Metaverse (Horizon venues)

is there a white paper or something detailed documentation explaining what the hell is the "metaverse" that you can refer me to? I really want to understand.

Are they friends?

Or metafriends?

MetaFriends i can say,
met the people i didn't knew and then become good friends and attend events in Metaverse together 

Talking about horizon venues (Facebook offical product)

Agree, I don't even know what the hell it is. I don't use facebook or other social media. I just have read the wiki entry for meta and still have no clue what the hell it is. I had a client in the nft space, and I honestly felt they were trying to bleed the stone to make money...I'm too old, I'm using the internet since my high-school years (win 3.1 without tcp/ip support), but I really don't have a knack for the web3 buzzwords....

Attilta
Metaverse is kind of so callled revolution to world
in which you wear the headset and you are in virtual world where you can meet real persons from any corner of world having

so far my clients are having Metaverse meeting sections
Where they can have virtual meeting and presentation instead of travelling to their respective countries

kind of fun and perferable as well

so it is a fancy video conf solution involving VR? good to know.

Nope 
It was just an exmple to make you understand what exactly meta verse is 

Long story short, it's The Matrix. In real life.

You plug into a video game fantasy world using goggles, where everything is (supposedly) beautiful, perfect, and awesome, and you essentially live and work in these goggles through a virtual avatar in an on-line, video-game like world.

I am probably the same age as you, and have really tried to pry myself away from social media, and live more in the real world. It's supremely beautiful, and if I have no idea how horrible society is becoming, I'm much happier. 🙂

Muhammad Ahmad H wrote:

how far can we go in this ?

Very, very far.

At present getting people beyond gamers to conceptualise it is going to be more than difficult. I am currrently far too short of hours in my day (doing a PhD on top of working) to engage, but that will change so I need to start watching. I am far more interested in what it will mean for the arts rather than commerce. It opens up so many new avenues for collaboration at the least. And socially, it's an obvious path in post-Covid times.

And I see that all the scare stories about how the world will end, people will be evil to each other and our brains will die are already under way. The same sort of stories that appear every time technology creates a cultural shift.

It's very early days. I get your excitement, but I think it's going to be viewed as a gimmick we don't need by a lot (if not most) people for a while. Until one day we realise we're all in there.

I feel so old now all (OK, not *all*, that would be scary) the science fiction I read in the 80s and early 90s is becoming real. I confess I had to look it up because I couldn't for the life of me remember where the term came from, and instantly felt stupid when I realised. 

I'm leaving a marker in my brain to remember this in five years' time. I think the discussion will be very different then.

Your point is still good and i agree

real estate , food companies
electronice companies 
Are moving to this trend want to accomplish this 

So far in my views for majority of buisnesses 
its nothing more than fun

but for some it can be much far profitable 

let's say you are doing PHD in what ever field

still you can find a way to help your community in metaverse 

let's say if I am doctor and my clients has Arachnophobia

I can make my patients to face real spiders in front of them 
also with me and more audience in the same stage 

he/she will  be facing the spider and i will instructing him/her to do this or that 
to face 

facing real spider in metaverse which is not dangerous but still feels real

and everything will be getting done living in our seprate houses

i am in my house and patient at his house

I am in pakistan and patient can be in any country/city of world 

getting treated by me 

so far what if we say some one is selling land in Metaverse and people are paying more than my annual income for just piece of virtual land which I don't think have any advantage as per my obersvation so far

706448b1
Community Member

Like any other FB product, I will be only interested to use for commercial purposes (just to advertise I guess).

I haven’t had a look yet but I’m sure it will have big future in advertising. I know that someone just paid $450,000 to be Snoop Dogg's virtual neighbor in the Metaverse and other companies are paying big money to buy virtual locations there. So, with FB 3 billion users (nearly half the world population), I’m sure advertising hotspots with many visitors in virtual locations in the Metaverse prices will even rise more and will definitely worth it (for advertising).

It really makes me think about what can be the future of it.

Evolution of world very fast

I don't know if wanting to be Billy the Kid will work in the metaverse, but here it has to be you.

Hey! In real life people have similar names, too!.......And faces…. And Portraits!

Billy A wrote:

Hey! In real life people have similar names, too!.......And faces…. And Portraits!

And in the real world, this, the photo must be of you.

1b9493d5
Community Member

I'm not gonna lie, the Metaverse creeps me the hell out. No offense, I understand that working on this project is your job, but it seems to me like we are on the edge of falling head-long into the plot of a dystopian sci-fi movie.

The real world is beautiful enough, imo. No need to hide in a fantasy world. Yeah, life is hard and difficult and sad sometimes, but that is the life we've been given. It's ours to tackle for a reason. I am worried that many of these different facets will take off at once (the Metaverse, AI, social media addiction), and by the time many people realize this was something of a trap, it'll be too late.

I feel that the Metaverse is both exciting and terrifying. I work in apparel development and 3D technology has been changing the way designs are developed. Digital fashion is now a thing and I find it somewhat eerie. It's not perfect, it still has a lot of work needed but it could be very useful. At the same time, it's missing that visceral sensation of feeling the fabric textures. The whole idea of the metaverse makes me want to go the other way and just create physical art. I feel like I have one foot in both camps here. I'm excited for the future of the metaverse, however I'm not sure if it's a future for me personally that I want to be a part of. For now, I will continue working in both realms as it pays the bills 🙂

sameraudi
Community Member

Metaverse is coming to many aspects of life the change is here, need to implement it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths