cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation?

Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
11 of 25
I saw your profile picture way back when it wasn't private. While it looked very similar to many others out there (I am not sure why these blue and white silhouette selfies are so popular Smiley Wink ), I swear, you didn't look a day over 29. I would have fallen for it. Smiley Very Happy EDIT: Wait! I just reread this: [quote=Joseph C.]today seems everyone i meet keeps wishing me a happy 63rd birthday.[/quote] Is today your birthday? Happy 63rd!
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
12 of 25
i am afraid so, it is. Just another day to me. Thank you. ------------------- Doesn't anyone remember that topic about the stars?
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
13 of 25
Hmmm.... what were you in high school? I was the mysterious one Smiley Wink
Community Guru
14 of 25
you do look mysterious and very pretty in that photo. Well had some other comments posted in here, but deleted them. I do hope life treats you well. Take care Little One.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
15 of 25
Happy (belated) birthday! Edit: Looked at the time on my phone just after I posted this, and the numbers for the hour and minute were the same as the month and day of my birthday.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
16 of 25

Joseph,

I couldn't find the topic but in the help section there is an article on, "How does the contract feedback system work?"

On oDesk, your feedback is your reputation, and your reputation is a very important part of landing jobs! All freelancers and clients may rate each other when a contract ends. Clients provide feedback on your work in six categories:

• Skills – 20% 
  • Quality – 20% 
  • Availability – 15% 
  • Deadlines – 15% 
  • Communication – 15% 
  • Cooperation – 15%

Not sure that helps much, but I have only had a couple jobs and two are long term contracts, so I have not had a ton of feedback. 

On the original post I don't worry to much about feedback because I focus on doing the work as best I can. I have days I don't want to work just like others I am sure but I then think back to how I LOVE working from home!

Ace Contributor
Elia Grace L Member Since: Jul 19, 2011
17 of 25

deleted

Community Guru
18 of 25
Lot of the clients on here use "they weren't experts". But then again, that goes back to the description of what each star rating means.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
19 of 25
post in wrong spot
Eero N Member Since: Mar 9, 2010
20 of 25
I don't stress about my current work situation, but I've seen my interest towards it deteriorate at times because I just have no real reason to push myself for it. When I moved to live in Asia my cost of living dropped dramatically, so I get living nicely without doing too much work, but that becomes quite boring lifestyle really. Say I'd make $4000 by just doing what I do, it makes no sense for me to push to $5000 when all I use is $1800 anyways - you get my point. You always need some personal target - a goal to work for. Personally I planned for my next trip, and stuff I'd do then (that I've neer done before!) and behold; I'm working both harder and smarter to get there because that's what I really want now. I know that a month-long trip is not much of a target to many, but for me it gives a reason to work. I'm pulling way too long days, sure, but I know it's going to pay off in the end and I'm going to get the experiences I've been longing for. For the record, let me say that I hate all the motivational garbage as much as the next guy, but setting goals that you are able to reach in relatively short period of time really does benefit you and your motivation towards work.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS