🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Odd "client".
Page options
slavkoa
Community Member

Odd "client".

Hi there i have a response and all going good and for suddenly , i got message with a strange link in chat leading to some copy\paste site. In message on site standing a my name and "client" email address. I say too him i want to use only UpWork for communication. Then he ask me about totally different project he see on my profile . not a single common thing with proposal. After a couple of days i got message from him : ping me when on line. I do ping him and got another link to click on to see the same message asking to send him a email. After explain him i will use a UpWork for communication and ask why he using this links ( reported as spam ). He say he do not see anything wrong , and he will look for somebody else who do not mind clicking on strange links (i have use a protection when clicking on it ). I wish him fare well.

Is this some type of scam or hack ?

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 04-43-35.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Slavko,

Please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs and working safely through Upwork. You can also read about Scam Preventions and how to report suspicious user activity. By doing so, it will send a notification to the relevant team to monitor the account and take the appropriate measures they deem necessary.

We do appreciate your effort in keeping the integrity, safety, and quality of the Upwork Marketplace. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
angeldimplesxo
Community Member

It's sounds and looks very similar to a scammer . I would report the profile if possible, gather as much information about this person(take screenshots), and contact an upworks support team member so they can futher look into this person and hopefully remove them so another person does not fall into this scam. I think it was extremely smart of you to post this so other can see and bring awarness that upworks creates certain guidlines(commuincations stay on upworks) for a reason . Hopefully someone from upworks can bring solution to this . 

kinector
Community Member

its-a-scam.jpg

Latest Articles
Learning Paths