🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » A humble petition regarding this forum
Page options
kinector
Community Member

A humble petition regarding this forum

Upwork guys, since you are such an awesome bunch of people (you sent me some very nice swag and everything), would you consider my humble petition?

Rename the 'Coffee Break' section as 'Coconut Break'.

It would make a lot of things... just better. 😉:desert_island:️🤪

My reasoning is very simple: There are too few coconuts on this forum as it is. Let's encourage all freelancers on Upwork to not work for peanuts but to go straight for coconuts!!! 🥥😁🥥

Imagine the implications of every single freelancer leveling up their game! 🤑

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the shout-out, Mikko! We also appreciate your participation, feedback and advice you're providing in the Community forums!

In terms of your suggestion, that's something we would definitely take into consideration but I'd like to invite other Community members to share if agree with renaming the Coffee Break.

What say you valued users? We're open to other suggestion if you feel strongly about going into a different direction.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the shout-out, Mikko! We also appreciate your participation, feedback and advice you're providing in the Community forums!

In terms of your suggestion, that's something we would definitely take into consideration but I'd like to invite other Community members to share if agree with renaming the Coffee Break.

What say you valued users? We're open to other suggestion if you feel strongly about going into a different direction.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

That's a big nope.

Phyllis G wrote:

That's a big nope.

Too late, but maybe they will add tea, mocaccino, OJ, smoothies etc as well.

Jennifer R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

That's a big nope.

Can't roll my eyes far enough back in my head on this one. 

Nope for me too. 

If they want to do a naming contest then let's actually have entries and a real vote. 

Amanda L wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

That's a big nope.

Nope for me too. 

If they want to do a naming contest then let's actually have entries and a real vote. 

As opposed to enshrining one FL's ego trip/personal brand? 

(Yes, I realize this remark likely puts paid to any shred of hope I ever had to get an UW coffee mug. Or flask like the one Jamie got. That's way cool and something I would use in public a lot.)

Phyllis G wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

That's a big nope.

Nope for me too. 

As opposed to enshrining one FL's ego trip/personal brand? 

Oh but it's being voted for by people who have never posted in the forum before, ever, and suddenly decided there is an overwhelming need for adding "coconut" to a part of a forum they've never used....

I also believe in Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny.

Petra R wrote:

Oh but it's being voted for by people who have never posted in the forum before, ever, and suddenly decided there is an overwhelming need for adding "coconut" to a part of a forum they've never used....

Are you saying that this whole vote was rigged? I'm shocked! 

Personally, I vote for "wine break". 

Daiquiris work for me.

HI, would like to connect whith you!

1c952e84
Community Member

I think I have just been scammed. The SEO guy I hired did a zoom with me but he says hes on linked in and hes not as well his Digitalhappiness.in website is bogus, or no text added.  I gave him $1300 last week. Is  there anything I can do? 

Vladimir G wrote:

Vladimir, Mikko was joking. I think. I'm not afraid to say that, since his coconut throwing reach doesn't extend to my little town in Lower Austria. I hope. 

Hi Martina,

That thought has crossed my mind but knowing how Mikko takes coconuts seriously I doubt it. I'd also be cautions with setting challenges like the one you proposed.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Martina,

That thought has crossed my mind but knowing how Mikko takes coconuts seriously I doubt it. I'd also be cautions with setting challenges like the one you proposed.

Vladimir, I think your risk assessment is accurate.