🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 1-3 invites per day
Page options
nhoret_jay
Community Member

1-3 invites per day

I've been a top-rated freelancer since 2018. From 208 to 2021, I used to receive around 10 invites per day. However, starting in 2022 and continuing to the present, my daily invites have dropped to just 1 to 3. What could be the reason for this decline?

11 REPLIES 11
nhoret_jay
Community Member

My Upwork account has never been suspended or faced issues with Upwork's policies. My hourly rate is also reasonable, and I regularly update my skills to improve my profile. What might be causing this decline in invitations?

spectralua
Community Member

Your profile is private. Maybe noone will check it to invite?

Private to non Upwork Users but visible to clients.

fd1a3637
Community Member

3 invites per day is bad? 

Mostly are not related to my skills or spam

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Y'all are getting invites? All I get is spam.

celgins
Community Member

One to three invites per day is good; many freelancers are not receiving any invites.

As Mykola said, your profile is not public right now, so that could be a reason. Other reasons include: 1) increased competition over the past year; 2) continuous rotating of search results, whether you are Top-Rated, Top-Rated Plus, or Expert-Vetted or not; 3) fewer clients on the platform; and 4) other reasons only Upwork knows.

All of these can lead to fewer profile views, which further leads to fewer invites.

Private to non upwork users but visible to clients. 

655be748
Community Member

Dear Nhoret:

Your profile is private, make it public.

Thats good about your invites are high rate. How you have maintained high invite rate ?

alex-nemchyn
Community Member

I think you should be happy.
Nowadays, many people don't get not just invitations, but jobs in general.

tlsanders
Community Member

There are fewer legitimate clients and a lot more freelancers. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members