🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 1 dollar for 1 portrait, this is Upwork
Page options
franciscolanda
Community Member

1 dollar for 1 portrait, this is Upwork

Ok, this is one of the worst that I've saw, but most of the offers are not much better. Illustrations for 10 dollars, for 20. I have to pay to inscribe on this offers, and then the page take the 20%. What I won?

Last time that I put my money here.

10 REPLIES 10
franciscolanda
Community Member

The funnyest thing is he said that aleady 40 people applied for the job. 

Hi Francisco,

We appreciate your feedback. We have a set minimum hourly rate and fixed-price budget on Upwork and we display recommended hourly rates to clients who are about to post a job. We also encourage freelancers to bid with the amount they consider appropriate for the job and discuss the terms directly with the client during the interview.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Francisco:

I looked at your portfolio. You are a true professional, a talented artist.

Here's a question for you to think about.

There are freelancers who are willing to provide a "portrait" for a one dollar.

Do you think that any of the freelancers who are doing this are providing work on the same level as what you provide?

Can a client get a Francisco-quality portrait for one dollar from you? From anywhere?

Thank you. I can't provide quality to most of the clients because I just can't get jobs, most of the clients prefer a low rate than a good result. But one thing is  a low rate and other is bassically work for free.  Their budgets are always so low. I saw a lot of times 20 usd budget for 1 illustration, even less ¿They think an illustration is made in 1 hour? Is not common to see well paid jobs here, is the true. The man who posted this have 40 applicants, that say a lot. 

"This jobs are not for you" like if I am on another level, thats what someone told me time ago here on the forum. But where are "my level" works? I don't see them here often. 90% of the jobs posted here are with unfair conditions, this is the true.

Do you think if he bid a dollar for 1 illustration he will change his mind when I told him that my price for it is 50? 40 people applied for the job.

Francisco G wrote:

Do you think if he bid a dollar for 1 illustration he will change his mind when I told him that my price for it is 50? 40 people applied for the job.

Usually not. Unless it's a placeholder budget (which rarely is) But I can tell you that those clients should be avoided, because those who are looking for the cheapest possible freelancer, quite often ask for more revisions than ones who pay more money. They are also unpleasant, impossible to please, annoying and tend to ask for their miserable budget money back after you're done - because they're "not happy with the work". So - stay away from those guys...

I try to avoid miserable budgets, the bad thing is that as I said, they are the 90% of the illustration jobs posted. Of course I didn't know the price for each portrait before aply. Thats another thing, some of the job offers are not enough clear.

Francisco G wrote:

I try to avoid miserable budgets, the bad thing is that as I said, they are the 90% of the illustration jobs posted. Of course I didn't know the price for each portrait before aply. Thats another thing, some of the job offers are not enough clear.

Yes. The same is true for most categories.

And 90% of the freelancers are right for that kind of client.

So you go after the 10% of clients who want the 10% of freelancers who fit their own quality standards.

Petra, I dont't think any decent artist deserve 1 dollar for 1 portrait, or 10 dollar as I saw here a lot.

Francisco G wrote:

Petra, I dont't think any decent artist deserve 1 dollar for 1 portrait, or 10 dollar as I saw here a lot.

I've seen some artwork that would be overpaid at $ 1 😉

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members