🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 3-digit bank code for Chile
Page options
24ad97bd
Community Member

3-digit bank code for Chile

Hi there, I'm from Chile. For all of you who are setting up your bank accounts in the platform, know that, in chilean case, the site will ask you to specify a "3 digits bank code". I looked for this in the forums and found a couple a examples for other banks, not mine, so I decided to write a post with the codes of all banks in Chile.
Note that it is not the same as the SWIFT code, and in this case, you must complete with the code specified by the Financial Maket Comission (CMF in spanish) (former SBIF) as you can find in this link:

https://www.cmfchile.cl/portal/principal/613/w3-propertyvalue-29006.html

As of 08-may-23, the bank codes are these, hope that this can help you:
Banco de Chile: 001
Banco Internacional: 009

Scotiabank Chile: 014
Banco de Credito e Inversiones: 016

Banco Bice: 028

HSBC Bank (Chile): 031

Banco Santander-Chile: 037

Banco Itaú Chile: 039

Banco Security: 049

Banco Falabella: 051

Banco Ripley: 053

Banco Consorcio: 055

Scotiabank Azul (ex BBVA Chile): 504

Banco BTG Pactual Chile: 059

Banco del Estado de Chile: 012

1 REPLY 1
aff9efb9
Community Member

Hey Jose, 

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for the valuable information you shared regarding bank codes here in Chile. It was particularly helpful as I was facing confusion, given that banks only provide a Swift code and not the three-digit bank code.

I have another inquiry concerning receiving payments from Upwork here in Chile. Could you kindly inform me whether the payments are directly deposited into a "cuenta corriente" in Chilean pesos, or if they are converted into an "orden de pago" that requires me to visit the bank to receive it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members