🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A way to filter out unwanted job offers
Page options
f186651e
Community Member

A way to filter out unwanted job offers

I would like to be the option where I can filter out what type of job offers I can see on my job feed by using a common keyword.

For example, there are plenty of people posting repeating jobs that are unnecessarily clustering my job feed.

More recently, a guy is posting like 4 or 5 times a day jobs about uploading an app to the PlayStore. I am not interested in those types of jobs so I would not have to constantly see them on my job feed.

So, if you can implement some sort of job filter where I could use a keyword like "Playstore" (for this example) and it would filter out job offers that contain that keyword in the title.

Do you guys see this practical? Can it be implemented?

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
paywell
Community Member

I understand what you mean:

You would like the algorithm to stop showing particular jobs in your feed.

I believe there are two ways: 

Teach it by clicking the job post and flagging it. By doing it from inside the post, you can write additional info on why you are doing so.

I would suggest mentioning the keyword "Playstore" or whatever has put you off. Maybe even solely inputting "playstore" so not to confuse the algorithm with other words.

If I understand correctly - saving jobs is the way to see more of such posts, and flagging them is the way to avoid seeing them in your search results. 

Therefore, please be careful - if the job has categories which you like and you decide to flag it, then you may not see posts with those categories appearing in your search. 

Another solution would be to post a search algorithm optimization / personalization idea on the forum / message Upwork in any other way. 

It would be nice to alllow users to blacklist or whitelist certain words or job categories, so they don't ever appear in their search, filter or no filter. 

Both methods are dubious, not 100%, but certainly the only alternatives, if you don't like creating your own search filters. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Exclude keyword should works in search line. Then saved searches applied to your feed.

I have resolved it in other way: parsing rss feed with own filter.

renata101
Community Member

Yes. You can use Boolean search terms. I think Annie Jane includes a link to the Upwork support page about advanced searches. You can also exclude terms by using AND NOT (plus whatever you want to exclude in brackets).

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Different-ways-to-find-Data-Analytics-Jobs-on-Upwork/m-p...

f186651e
Community Member

I am NOT asking for advanced search queries or boolean or whatever is called. I am referring to filtering out unwanted/recurrent job offers so it doesn´t cluster my job feed.

grendon
Community Member

Roger M wrote:

I am NOT asking for advanced search queries or boolean or whatever is called. I am referring to filtering out unwanted/recurrent job offers so it doesn´t cluster my job feed.

Really? They just gave you exactly what you're looking for. According to this:

I would like to be the option where I can filter out what type of job offers I can see on my job feed by using a common keyword.

paywell
Community Member

I understand what you mean:

You would like the algorithm to stop showing particular jobs in your feed.

I believe there are two ways: 

Teach it by clicking the job post and flagging it. By doing it from inside the post, you can write additional info on why you are doing so.

I would suggest mentioning the keyword "Playstore" or whatever has put you off. Maybe even solely inputting "playstore" so not to confuse the algorithm with other words.

If I understand correctly - saving jobs is the way to see more of such posts, and flagging them is the way to avoid seeing them in your search results. 

Therefore, please be careful - if the job has categories which you like and you decide to flag it, then you may not see posts with those categories appearing in your search. 

Another solution would be to post a search algorithm optimization / personalization idea on the forum / message Upwork in any other way. 

It would be nice to alllow users to blacklist or whitelist certain words or job categories, so they don't ever appear in their search, filter or no filter. 

Both methods are dubious, not 100%, but certainly the only alternatives, if you don't like creating your own search filters. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members