🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About Hourly Project Amount
Page options
mahamud58
Community Member

About Hourly Project Amount

Recently I completed one project using Hourly rate... I tried to be honest to much that the work took like 1 hrs and 10 min... and the project amount came $17.50...

Last day when I check my overview it's now showing me it's $14...

Same things happened last month... It was a video editing work and bill was $33.25 according to the time... Then upwork sent me only $22 or $23... Can't remember exact... And then the client came back to me and told me that I'm cheating... But there was all the live screenshots that all the time I was working...

It's a pain I think to work with hourly rate... If this time I don't get $17.50 I will no more work for hourly rate...

At the end, I want to say if there are any person who can solve this problem please help... I can't even open a ticket here as I'm a new freelancer in upwork but have working experience on the other website 5 years... (My journey began from 2017)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mahamud,

I would advise that you check your Reports > Transaction History to see a detailed view of your earnings and Service Fee deductions. For example, your last invoice was for $30 so you were charged a $6 fee. If you still have any questions, please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
yofazza
Community Member

Mahamud H wrote:

It's a pain I think to work with hourly rate...

Not just hourly, it's the fees

Check my new comment please

759e32fa

Hi Mahamud,

Radia is correct. The deducted amount is for the service fee.

As a freelancer, you’ll pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client. Because we want to give you the flexibility to change contract types as you work together, we count all your contracts with a client –– whether hourly, fixed-price, or a Project Catalog project. (There are a few exceptions, see here).

Here’s how it works:

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

Example: On a $600 project with a new client, your freelancer service fee would be 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. Your earnings after fees would be $490.

You can check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Check my new comment, please

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can stop working hourly jobs, but the fees are the same for fixed price. Upwork lets you create a profile for free, lets you find clients for free, but at some point they need to earn money too. 

mahamud58
Community Member

Thank you for you guys response... I know that every site have some rule and regulation about the fees... But they will show that to me that it's the deducted charge... Like I said one was $$33.25 according to the time but I receive like $23... then will you guys say that $10 is fee for $33? When they even told me that I'm taking some blank time at working... While I was working and rendering video...

Hi Mahamud,

I would advise that you check your Reports > Transaction History to see a detailed view of your earnings and Service Fee deductions. For example, your last invoice was for $30 so you were charged a $6 fee. If you still have any questions, please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork

You said you were told that you had blank time, then it's possible that some time slots were not paid. The tracker takes screenshots at random intervals, records keystrokes and the Web page open on your screen. If a client refuses to pay for the blank slots, you are not covered by hourly protection because there is no proof that you were working. 

I got you... He don't know the rendering is include to the video editing work and that time he was seeing same screenshot and that's why He refused to pay for that time... Thank you I understand it clearly now... Thanks to all of you...

morrisonanele
Community Member

You need to be familair with Upwork hourly job payment schedules

Here’s how it works:

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members