🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About escrow
Page options
f5c119b7
Community Member

About escrow

Hii everyone 

I was hired for job on upwork which was fixed price job escrow job. It happens twice after work they told you have to register our payment portal of our company. Is there anything to do with this or any clue to find jobs without escrow they all have fixed price escrow jobs it is really hard and if we can do anything like report or something please suggest me. 

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Randeep, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you are asked to pay for the realise of the milestone? If so, please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I encourage you to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you get a safe and successful start. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f5c119b7
Community Member

Yesterday:- After the work they said I have to register to their payment site now they block me or delete their account this is second time..... 

In last month.. 

In first time they told me to pay $50 and register me in credilyunion which is a legal site( not for sure) and afterwards they told to pay $100 for purchasing input key in credily to receive my payment they messaged me from one month to purchase key... 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Randeep,

As Nikola mentioned, real clients will not ask for payments. Please also keep in mind that communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting is against ToS and one of the most common channels they use is Telegram.

Please also know that not all Fixed-Price projects (with Escrow payments) are scams. We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. 

~ AJ
Upwork
f5c119b7
Community Member

How can I find the jobs without escrow there are alot of escrow jobs on upwork. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Randeep K.

All fixed price jobs on Upwork require the client to fully fund  escrow for at least one milestone before you should start work for the client.

If Upwork's project page for a job does not show escrow as funded, don't begin work of any kind no matter what the "client" may tell you.

If you don't want to deal with escrow, only do hourly jobs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members