Did you mean: 

About my Job Success score.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
21 of 27
For transparency, my JS score went like this:
89% > 90% > 90% > 94% > 97%.
I have been advocating before I was "Top Rated" and have never stopped.

My JS score does not determine if I am vocal or not. I am vocal because it is something that affects everyone. So regardless of where my score goes I will continue to advocate, because we are all in it together.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
22 of 27

My JS has never been lower than 93% and since they rolled out the program I have been Top Rated all the time. From the very beginning and even when I had a 98% JS I have been very vocal about what I think of it. The basic idea is good, the calculation, well, lacks transparency. But I won't discuss further.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
23 of 27

Setu,

I appreciate your effort to try and explain this ridiculous calculation. However, even if UpWork provides more information on this issue there is nothing we can do. I have read their “guidelines” on how to improve your JS and I can say that I am following every single rule! Still, my JS goes down. The funny thing is that if it goes under 75% they will tell me that I need to improve my work and I have no idea how. 

I have never missed a deadline, no disputes (I had one client who turned out to be a scam), 5 star feedback (at least public), replied within 24 hours, communicate on regular bases, deliver on time, long term clients and it is still not enough! To be hones I am not worried that it is going down, but I am afraid that if it goes under 75% my account can be suspended and in such cases we all know the outcome.

To reply to your new comment Smiley Very Happy 

So I should close my on-going contracts because the system doesn’t like the fact that people want to hire me on long term bases Smiley Very Happy

I just love this system Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
24 of 27

Setu,

thanks for providing all the information btw. I had seen NPS being mentioned somewhere else but only now remembered to look into it again.

Again, I can definitely see why this might be an interesting aspect for Upwork's internal data. In my opinion, the flaw is in what Maria wrote:

"As I wrote before, willingness to recommendate is not always directly related to level of satisfaction."

Personally, I would take away the recommendation score from the job success score and employ a second score (maybe similar to the "top rated badge"), so that potential clients have two separate factors to take into consideration (besides public feedback, hours worked and anything else that is being displayed to them on a freelancer's profile). Two separate percentage scores basically, one for job success and one for recommendations by past clients. I think this would clear up a lot of confusion and also give freelancers (and clients as well) something more "grasp-able". Even something worth working towards, actually. I personally don't care too much about the already somewhat blurry success score, but a flashy "top recommended" badge seems somewhat more interesting to achieve to me.

I do however have doubts that Upwork has any intention to make any changes in this regard.

Highlighted
Community Guru
25 of 27
What I can say is hopefully more will be understood when the added information is released. What is important is to have a job considered in the calculation as "successful." Also private feedback is only one metric in the calculation - and "My Stats" page already shows how many clients recommended you.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
26 of 27

Setu i think you should have to wait a lot for the information to be released.

Highlighted
Community Guru
27 of 27
The Community Manager has been working on it. In the last post he had promised he would try for a release last week. So I assume it will happen this week.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS