Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the new Upwork Messenger App

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 4

So I just received an email from Upwork stating that the new Upwork Messenger App will be rolling out over the next few weeks. I am impressed since the email said that upon upgrading the app, we will experience:

• Instance communication. Interact faster with key collaborators.
  • Push notifications. Never miss an important message.
  • Starred contacts. See your favorite team members in one place.

So I was just wondering, doesn't the current App already offer these three features! Am I missing something? I am sure I missed something because I can't believe Upwork just sent people this newsletter to announce the same features that currently exist on their App!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
2 of 4

I'm sure these features already exist... Wether they have actually worked for the past weeks is another matter entirely.

So maybe a better title for the e-mail would have been "New UpWork Messanger - now with WORKING features!" ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3 of 4

@Hanna N wrote:

<snip>

So maybe a better title for the e-mail would have been "New UpWork Messanger - now with WORKING features!" ?

Would you actually belive it if you got such an email?  I'm not being snarky, just observant, heh.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 4

"So I was just wondering, doesn't the current App already offer these three features!"

Flashbacks to "The benefits of moving to Upwork are you have your Elance reputation and escrow."

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS