🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account hold
Page options
mattyturn95
Community Member

Account hold

Hi There,

My account was placed on hold. I have a client account that i sometimes use to hire externally for otther jobs that I work on.

A while ago i lost my wallet and replaced my cards and this then caused the issue where my client account payments were declined. I almost never check that email address as it is an old account that has no use to me.

Anyways, i did dot pay a payemtn for atleast 2 weeks I think and today i received an email to my freelancing account saying that my account has been suspended.

( I had no idea that i had an outstanding amount due ) Otherwise I would have paid. But because my cards had been replaced the payments were not going through.

I paid the outstanding amount this morning?

Is there any way we can quickly resolve this issue as I have clients waiting on me through upwork that have existing jobs.

Matthew

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthew,

I checked your account and I can see that you're communicating with our team on your ticket with the number 34153234. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I have waited almost 5 hours for a reply.

This is effecting me hugely and giving my clients a negative feel about me as a freelancer.

Is there anythingn we can do to speed up the proccess

Hi Matthew,

I've already escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork
mattyturn95
Community Member

I am probably going to loose this client.

I really wish Upwork had reached out to me first before putting my account in hold.

Is there any chance this will receive a reply today?

Matthew

Hi there,

I am desperately looking for some support from upwork.

I dont have the time to wait 24 hours in between each reply and speak to different operators each reply.

Is it possible for someone from upwork to give me a call so that i can sort out this issue ASAP.

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Our team will answer your questions on your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. 
Please keep in mind that tickets are addressed in the order they are received. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

So youre saying I will still have to wait another 24 hours for a reply.

Even though I have just asked for that not to happen.

I have been an upwork Top rated Account holder for almost 1.5 years now and have paid so much money in Upwork fees, I have also been hiring for around 1.5 years and have spent more than 2K on hiring. Yet, I am receiving no sufficent help that would want me to remain using Upwork in the future

Hi Everyone,

I have been on to upwork support for the last few days now with regards to an issue with my client and frelancing account that resulted in an account suspension.

This was resolved quickly as it was due to an error and missunderstanding. Upwork then removed my suspension 6 hours after placing mya ccount on suspension due to a late payment on my hiring acccount ( I lost my bank cards and replaced them, so my payements were not going through, and I was unaware) however, this was quickly resolved after I explained the situation to support.

Yesterday, i raised the question to one of the upwork team asking if my top rated badge will be lost, and the team came back to me saying that "no, my account has been fully restored and will not affect my account status, they even removed the recent account hold from my profile". Untill this morning i checked and it has now dissapeared.

mattyturn95_0-1646380756347.png

Here is the reply from the team syaing that my account will remain untouched.

mattyturn95_1-1646380835421.png

any help on this will be hugely appreciated.

Matthew

Hi Guys, Please refer to the below image.

where if I search for myself under talent my top rated badge does not appear.

mattyturn95_0-1646394603267.png

However, On my profile, my badge says "Top Rated"

mattyturn95_1-1646394687014.png

Is this an error?

Just wait until it has updated everywhere. It went away because of the account hold, it takes time to come back fully.

Thank You Petra. Was just concerned 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members