🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Action Required. Temporary account hold
Page options
rahulsharma108
Community Member

Action Required. Temporary account hold

Hello there,
I hope everyone here on this platform is doing well and is safe in this pandemic situation around the globe. My query is regarding an action taken on my profile yesterday. Everything was going normal, I got my 100% JSS few days ago, and also I choose to get Upwork plus membership last week, as I got Google certifications in digital marketing and I am grateful to Upwork for the platform they provide to us. Coming to the point, yesterday I posted a job on Upwork (as I have a client account also) regarding the need for a java program, that program was to submitted by me as an assignment to my college. Due to a shortage of time, I posted that as a job on Upwork and I was going to get that job done normally from a freelancer and to pay for that job. But after few minutes I got an email that my account has been put on temporary hold and when I went deeper into this matter I got to know that it was due to the word "college assignment" being mentioned by me in job title and description and I was informed that is a violation of Upwork policies as it has the potential of integration of academic and professional services. As this is a temporary hold in that request (id #28559960) I had to acknowledge the specific Terms of Service infraction and state that I will not repeat this violation going forward (as being informed). I did the same I replied and I justified that this was not something intentionally and I assure you that this will not happen again. Because I always used this platform as a freelancer and I did not know much about policies of using this as a client. From the last 24 hours, I have not got any reply in that request-id. I assure you here too that this will not happen again. The greatness of this platform always attracted me and that's why I left my regular job and did some deep research of work proposal and crafting a profile on Upwork. I apologize for what I did accidentally and I again assure this will not happen again. As the poor financial condition of my family, I want to get successful through Upwork and work hard here. I hope that my profile status will be returned to normal asap.
Regards,
Rahul Sharma.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

Your case was escalated to the correct team and they're looking into it. Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

Your case was escalated to the correct team and they're looking into it. Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes sir, i understand. 

Thanks.

Thanks, for that.

My account is resumed now.

Regards,
Rahul Sharma.

Hello:

I sent a freelancer an offer. He’s unable to accept my offer because he got a response that my client account is on a temporary hold. He sent me screenshot.

Please, can you help look into my client and remove the temporary hold. Please, treat as urgent.

Regards,

Samuel

Hi Agbolade,

I checked your account and can confirm that your account is working as designed. I can also see that your freelancer was able to accept your offer. If further help is needed, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My Account was suspended temporarily. I have contacted the support team and did as I was told but no response yet, my Request #31236692. The suspension was because of the client that offered to pay outside upwork but I didn't later go through with the payment.
Please help me 🙏

Hi Prince, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. It looks like our team has sent you a follow-up email requesting that you reply following the instruction provided in the email. Please check their email by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same problem, please look into this

Hi Erman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I don't see any limitations on your account. Could you please share a screenshot of the notification you receive on your end so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
erman020
Community Member

2C519B78-79B9-4D46-8EA2-F18137AFED33.png

4bdde96a
Community Member

Im having the same problems, and I have not goten an Email as of Why that is. Pls do resolve that matter so the freelancer can accept my offer! Cheers

Hi Kenth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3ce05fbb
Community Member

Greetings! 

I sent a freelancer an offer. He’s unable to accept my offer because he got a response that my client account is on a temporary hold. He sent me screenshot. I have no idea why my accont is on a temporary hold.

Please, can you help look into my client and remove the temporary hold. I need your support urgently. 

Hi Brukty,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths