🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Active contract but no activity
Page options
r_righart
Community Member

Active contract but no activity

Since February 2023, my profile shows an active contract but the actual work already stopped in 2023.

The client stopped the project (temporarily) because of budget issues. In case he needs any help, I am happy to continue the project. In the meanwhile, I messaged him several times but everytime there was no reply.

So the situation is now that there is a contract opened but there is no activity. This also figures on my profile and I have the following questions:

1. Do these settings hurt my profile ranking that other future client see or could it affect anything else negatively?

2. Could potential clients see these settings and think, wait a minute, he already has other jobs to finish so he probably has no time?

3. Is there a way that Upwork can terminate it after request of the freelancer or after a certain period of inactivity?

I'd be glad to know how to handle this situation without offending the client.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
gic_llc
Community Member

I have a similar issue with a contract from over 2 years ago when I was first starting out on Upwork. It was supposed to be a short online research survey, but Upwork paused it before I could start saying, "We are investigating a problem with the Client's account. Please do not resume work until the contract is active again." And it's been that way ever since. I'm afraid to end the contract because I don't want it appearing as the top result on my completed work history with no Client feedback and no relevance to my most recent accomplishments. I also don't want it being listed as an active contract for the rest of eternity. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members