🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Added Manual Hours shown as 'Over limit'
Page options
robert_muita
Community Member

Added Manual Hours shown as 'Over limit'

Hi,
I exceeded my hourly weekly limit of 40 hrs per week, and since my client had enabled the 'allowed manual hours' feature, I proceeded to manually add 10 hours. 

However, after checking my work diary, the hours I added manually are reflected as 'Over limit'.
My question is whether I will be paid automatically at the same time as the hours worked by the weekly limit? as long as the client doesn't dispute the additional manual hours. 

++++ I had talked with the client about my intention to add the 10 hours manually and he said it was okay.

Regardsmanual-hours.png

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Robert:
You are confusing "manual time" with "over limit" hours. These are two different concepts.

Freelancers are NOT paid for "over limit" hours. It DOES NOT MATTER if those are manually-logged hours or hours logged by the desktop time-tracker.

Your screenshot shows that you logged 10 hours.

The screenshot shows that 10 hours are "over limit."

That means that you WILL NOT BE PAID for those hours.

Hours marked "over limit" are hours that you won't be paid for at all. The client will not need to dispute anything.

If you want to be paid for those hours, then you may:

- Ask the client to increase the maximum number of hours per week by an extra 10 hours. You will need to do that within the next 49 minutes. Because in 49 minutes, the Upwork work week will end.
[or]

- Ask the client to pay you for those hours using the client-side "Pay bonus" or "Send bonus" tool.

[or]

- Ask the client if you can add those hours as manually-logged time in the NEW week.

Hi Preston, 
Thanks for the pointers, much appreciated.
Since it seems I obviously won't be able to beat the deadline, I will request the client to extend my weekly limit. Thanks.

One more question though. You talked about 'manually-logged time'.
How do you manually log time correctly so that you're paid by a client who had previously allowed/enabled manual hours'? as I had used the 'ADD MANUAL TIME' feature on the desktop app which resulted in those hours been categorised as 'OVER THE LIMIT'.

Regards,
Robert

2a05aa63
Community Member

Manual time does not extend the limit set per week. You can only ask the client to extend the hours, get that payment as a bonus or add them to next week.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members