🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Adding manual time - getting error message th...
Page options
salsakleiner
Community Member

Adding manual time - getting error message that time was already logged and is overlapping

Hello, 

I know this error has been reported before but I am trying to sort it out for myself and I cannot. 

I have an hourly contract and always added my hours manually. Monday I wanted to add 1H and 40 mins for a proofreading but it did not seem to have saved this time as the pop up to add the time closed and I could not see the hours on my time sheet. 

So I tried again and it gave me an error, that the time was already logged and overlapping (screenshot attached). I read in the UpWork forums that there may be a delay but its been 3 days now and I still cannot add the time, nor does it appear on my time sheet. 

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sunny regards, 

Sarah 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Usually this means you added it to a different (wrong) contract so make sure another client won't get billed by accident. Been there, done that, but luckily always caught it in time. 

If you have double and triple checked the work diaries for all open contracts (especially fixed rate ones) and are 100% certain you didn't add the time to the wrong contract's work diary, just add it to a later or earlier time sloot.

This error has indeed been reported before. It is invariably user-error.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members