🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Agencies
Page options
19c6ff7e
Community Member

Agencies

Is there a way to spot an agency job avertisment instead of going through their previous jobs and using Sherlock Holmes Deduction!!!!.  I notice a lot of other website, freelancers are posting here with  jobs, obviously with a mark up. It would be nice if upwork clients had to state they were an agency, would save us a lot of time and connects...

Anyone else noticing this pattern?

1 REPLY 1
pythondev90
Community Member

That's a good point.

A lot of times after I discuss the project with the client and we came into the price part, I found he/she offering a different price ( 20% or less from the price which I offered ).

with a quick search using the client First name and First alphabet of his/her last name , I found it's actually a freelancer which i doubt he's trying to resale a project. 

And that's even noticeable from the freelancer profile when you found a lot of contracts closed/in-progress within very short time especially bulk contracts within a day.

Based on commercial market! Don't try to judge Upwork for a thing they are benefited from it. When it's came to this point ! No one hear . Even I think it should be TOS violation when a freelancer hire someone else re-sale a project using his client account ( at least that should be for agencies only ) but it's hard to control such cases , Sometimes the freelancer need help within specific point during his project and then he seek another freelancer help.

But It would be much nice to see a badge within the job post indicating that the client has a freelancer account or agency account as well 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members