🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Any Activity?
Page options
terimiles
Community Member

Any Activity?

So, I'm curious. I see new positions. IS ANYONE RESPONDING back to submitted proposals or has everyone just fallen off the freaking grid?

9 REPLIES 9
lysis10
Community Member

Teri M wrote:

So, I'm curious. I see new positions. IS ANYONE RESPONDING back to submitted proposals or has everyone just fallen off the freaking grid?

Look at the number next to "Interviewing." That tells you the number of people they replied to. Hires is the number of people they hired.

I know how to read the posts. I was just wondering if these supposed remote clients are actually active again?

Teri M wrote:

I know how to read the posts. I was just wondering if these supposed remote clients are actually active again?

Wouldn't looking at the number of interviews tell you if they're active then?

Teri,

A client looking at your profile is going to do a double take on the comments you have made in your recent client feedbacks. I think it is going to take a while for you to get back on track.

Even if you are as mad as fire about a job, it is better to be more restrained (not less honest) when making a public comment. 

The first review was done in a positive manner. The 2nd gives detailed information of what I did. I also put in positive responses from the previous client.

It seems pretty **bleep**ty that we get F..... for being honest on the freaking platform. That's why I went into so much detail.

I got responses to several proposals last week, along with 5-6 invitations, and I've been told that I'm shortlisted for two projects. It was an average week.

rverang
Community Member

Teri M wrote:

I'm not a high-earner but have been getting replies on some proposals.

I think when potential clients look at your profile, they see someone who is bossy, aggressive and inflexible (in terms of what the client has available).

Just my 2 cents.

a_lipsey
Community Member

I am not currently looking for new projects, but I am still getting invites. I presume that means clients are active. 

researchediting
Community Member

No serious nibbles in the last couple of months, so not as good as Q1 2019, when I was pretty busy. On the other hand, not seeing that much to bid on; still have a connects carryover to April. Time will tell if things pick up before the summer slump.

One good new contract is on hold because the client has suspended field operations in Africa due to the pandemic.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members