🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anyone Else Experiencing Message Delays Betwe...
Page options
serafindesigns
Community Member

Anyone Else Experiencing Message Delays Between Devices?

I use multiple devices to stay in touch with clients. I use a phone with UW's app on it and a MacBook Air with UW's desktop app.

When direct messages come in from existing clients and or new clients the message on the Desktop app can take up to an hour to come thru. In some cases it's not coming thru at all. I see the notification come thru on my phone and the phone message is in real time, just not the desktop app.

I've been going back and forth with support to no avail and they have stated that no one else is reporting it.

Is anyone else going thru the same issue?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

error.jpg

I lost job because of this idiocy. I saw the messages, responded, but they did not arrive to the client! Moreover, Upwork is not shy about taking money for this.

My messages were delivered within 10 minutes. Another freelancer was hired, who broke rules and suggested Telegram messenger.

Interesting. I've had that happen one time and the offer pulled. I wrote back stating that I never even received an offer. They never responded again. 

ArjayM

Hi Stef and Mykola,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trouble this may have caused you. We understand how important it is for your messages to be delivered to clients promptly. That said, I've escalated your reports to our support team to give them the attention they deserve. 

You may expect an update on this page once this potential issue is thoroughly reviewed. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I'm already working with someone, but thank you. Doesn't make sense having multiple tickets in for me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members