🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anyone can suggest how to get first job?
Page options
234360dc
Community Member

Anyone can suggest how to get first job?

Anyone can suggest getting your first job

4 REPLIES 4
30376bf7
Community Member

Hello, i am Hamza Azam from Pakistan...
Recently i applied on a Job in Upwork and i got hired and i also completed my first Job successfully...I would suggest you to be patience and not to be worried...Furthermore, you oought to say to the client that i will do your all the work in very less amount of money...
Like; if the client's budget is 40$....You need to ask in your covering letter that i'll complete your work in just 10$ or even less like 5$...
I am 100% sure that you will get first job in Upwork soon and I wish you best of luck for getting your first Job in Upwork...
Note: I am also a  beginner and let's explore our ideas to assist each other...Visit my profile...Link pasted below....
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01816646f37cd5d373

It's nice you have a job, but you are giving terrible advice. If the client's budget is $40.00, and you have every skill required, and know you are one of the best, why in the world would you do the job for $5.00? I know there are those who advise this, but they are wrong, and it sets you on a path of dirt cheap jobs forever. It also harms the platform because clients start thinking they can get a $40 job for 5 bucks.

Your profile needs a lot of work. I wouldn't be bragging about it. You have one job for $5.OO, and you think it's working for you? Fine, you work for dirt cheap, but stop telling others they must do the same because you are wrong. You are not in a position to offer advice. Encouraging others to work for dirt cheap wages, in the desperate hope of getting a job, is only for the unskilled.

If you have the skills, and I mean all of them in high-quality, and you match everything the client is looking for - then bid and maybe knock off $5.00 - NOT work for $5.00. Giving a big discount is a sign of desperation. Clients either run away, or seize the moment and will pay as little as you are willing to take.

I don't care where you are from, your culture, color, religion, sexuality, or your financial status. This is a global platform, with some exceptions. If you possess those real skills, then charge for them and have a successful career. For the unskilled, go find an employer or lose everything.

Hey Jeanne H, I wanted to acknowledge your observation. It seems my comments might have sounded a bit harsh, and I apologize for that. You're right, and I agree that I might not be the best person to give advice. I appreciate your input, and it's made me realize that I shouldn't undervalue my skills by offering them at lower rates. Your feedback has taught me a lot, and I think there's more wisdom in your words than I initially realized. Thanks for helping me see things from a different perspective.

2779bde0
Community Member

All you need to do is to prove to the employer that you are the best person for the job. The lowest price isn't always the best value for the customer. You can bid low for the first few jobs, but don't give employers the impression that the only reason that they should hire you is because you have a low bid.

Build up your portfolio with projects that you might want to do for customers, even if you have to create them yourself. Showing what you can do for a customer is always better than just telling them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members