Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving active proposals

weinreich
Ace Contributor
Nedra W Member Since: Jan 17, 2017
1 of 15

Am I remembering incorrectly, or did we used to be able to archive active proposals? I have a number of proposals for which someone has now been hired, and I'd like to get them out of the list.

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 15

Did you try to withdraw the proposal?  Withdrawn proposals are usually transferred to the archived proposals folder right away.

weinreich
Ace Contributor
3 of 15

Thanks, Juvy Ann, but I don't want to withdraw the proposals in case the clients eventually decide to look for someone else on that project. I just remember there being an "Archive" button that I could click to move the proposals from Active to Archive so I can clean out the clutter. Maybe I'm imagining things?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 15

Group rooms can be archived.  I tried it before.  

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 15

Hi Nedra,

I can confirm that the only way to archive an active proposal on Upwork is by withdrawing it. 

Untitled

View solution in original post

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 15

Vladimir, I thought unanswered proposals were eventually archived by Upwork - wasn't it after 90 days?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 15

Hi Nichola,

Yes, that is correct.

Untitled
weinreich
Ace Contributor
8 of 15

Thanks, Vladimir. Maybe I am thinking of the active candidacies.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 15

@Nedra W wrote:

Thanks, Vladimir. Maybe I am thinking of the active candidacies.

You can "hide" active candidacies. They pop up from time to time, but mostly, they stay hidden.

milicavel
Mila V Member Since: May 1, 2017
10 of 15

Hello,

Could the best solution be to simply decline the active proposals that no longer interest you ( since you already hired someone else) ?

In this way, you will get them out of your way, and at the same time, the candidate ( for whom the proposal is also still active since you still haven't declined it ) will finaly get his/her answer to his/her candidature ?

Best,

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS