🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Assistance Required: Tax Identification Numbe...
Page options
4f983b71
Community Member

Assistance Required: Tax Identification Number for Upwork Tax Information

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the completion of my tax information on Upwork. Specifically, I require assistance with providing the Tax Identification Number, as requested in the third step of the tax information completion process.

I have successfully completed the first two steps by providing my tax residence and taxpayer identification information. However, I am uncertain about how to proceed with obtaining and inputting the Tax Identification Number.

As per the Upwork guide, it mentions that the Tax Identification Number is the number used for reporting taxes in one's country and may be referred to by a different name, such as a PAN number in India, for example. Additionally, it states that some countries may also use a National ID number.

Given this information, I am unsure whether I can utilize my National ID as the Tax Identification Number or if there is a separate number designated for tax reporting purposes in my country. Could you kindly clarify this matter and provide guidance on the appropriate course of action?

I greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue promptly, as it is essential for me to complete my tax information accurately and in compliance with the requirements.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and guidance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dataextract
Community Member

If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you have trouble using it, you can contact Upwork support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dataextract
Community Member

If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you have trouble using it, you can contact Upwork support.

Thanks Mr. Kumar

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members