🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Auto Refund
Page options
graphichub
Community Member

Auto Refund

I was with a complete/successful project in a fixed contract thinking it's safe since the job was a "payment verified", but I was notified about I gave a refund, although I didn't clicked anything or do something for any refunds in upwork, it's a strange for me.

I have read about upwork doesn't cover for payment protection on "manual time log" maybe that's why it's the reason the client is allowed "not to pay" for the project, Im still not sure. If that so, then Payment verified projects doesn't assure for payments. I already message the client and asked for the payment or maybe pay as bonus for the agreed amount, but I didn't received any replies.

- What should I do to get paid?
- Should this be a "charge to experience"?
- Are there any ways to get the money aside from contacting the client?
Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dexter,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Unfortunately manual time is not protected under our Upwork Hourly Protection. In order to be eligible for our hourly protection you will need to track your time with our desktop app. To learn more about our Upwork Hourly Protection, check out this Help Article. To learn more how to protect yourself you can check out the Safety First section on this Thread as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dexter,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Unfortunately manual time is not protected under our Upwork Hourly Protection. In order to be eligible for our hourly protection you will need to track your time with our desktop app. To learn more about our Upwork Hourly Protection, check out this Help Article. To learn more how to protect yourself you can check out the Safety First section on this Thread as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nida S wrote:

i did my work with your upwork desktop tracking app but still i faced the same issue why is it so?

The client did not pay...

Did your screenshots have

• meaningful work memos AND
  • decent activity levels AND
  • only work related screenshots AND
  • all screenshots showing you working on the client's project.

If one of those does not apply, the protection is out of the window.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members