🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Automatic Refund
Page options
shafi-tariq
Community Member

Automatic Refund

One of my contract was suspended by Upwork. I have worked 37 hours at first week. Payment was shown for 37 hours and its due tomorow, but just couple of hours ago msg pop up that i refund $21.70 to client. I didn't to that. Can I get answer why it was detected because I have logged all my work in diary and always use time track desktop application. Answer will be appreciated. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tariq,

We're sorry to hear about this. On hourly contracts when a client fails to pay for the hours logged by the freelancer and those hours don't meet the requirements for Hourly Protection, the payment may be reversed. Please check out this article for more information.

Our team will also be reaching out to you via email with more information.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Tariq S wrote:

One of my contract was suspended by Upwork. I have worked 37 hours at first week. Payment was shown for 37 hours and its due tomorow, but just couple of hours ago msg pop up that i refund $21.70 to client. I didn't to that. Can I get answer why it was detected because I have logged all my work in diary and always use time track desktop application. Answer will be appreciated.

Your client failed to pay for your hours and some of your hours did not qualify for protection, because they were manual time, had low activity levels, were without meaningful work memos for example.

This also happened to me,  It's means if i log the hours with the tracker next time then upwork can't refund in case client unable pay?

Zain S wrote:

This also happened to me,  It's means if i log the hours with the tracker next time then upwork can't refund in case client unable pay?

You can search Upwork help on how to work on fixed-price and hourly contracts. You will also see the requirements to be protected.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tariq,

We're sorry to hear about this. On hourly contracts when a client fails to pay for the hours logged by the freelancer and those hours don't meet the requirements for Hourly Protection, the payment may be reversed. Please check out this article for more information.

Our team will also be reaching out to you via email with more information.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members