🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Availability Badge and Proposal Views
Page options
penngrp
Community Member

Availability Badge and Proposal Views

Someone (Will) had brought up the issue of profile views, and I must admit it gets a little disheartening when you see the minute amount of profile views. I am strongly convinced that the lack of more views has more to do with Upworks algorithim of presenting proposals to clients, as well as their presenting clients with suggested freelancers.

I then went and searched for myself and found my profile on the third page. I would not mind this so much if half the people ahead of me either had fake profiles (I am sorry people do not hold MBA's and PhD.s from Harvard and charge $5). Then there are the individuals who have not been active for 1 year all the way up to 9 years. Then of course those who had no relevance whatsoever about the search term.

What I did notice was everyone, but me and one other, had their availability badge lit. So, I figured that could be an issue, so I went to see about making mine to show available. Now, for some reason I had thought it was 1 credit/token a month to have this thing on. No, that is not the case, as it fluctuates depending on the number of people involved. Currently, it is 7 credits a week, or 28 per month. Yes, you are paying 28 credits a month. It is just another cash grab.

I would not have an issue with the 28 per month, if my proposals were actually being seen, or if those ahead of me in the search results actually deserved to be there, or were actually providing the service in question. Example: An industrial engineer was on page 1 of the search results, no relevance to my search.

Do you find positive results in having the availability badge on, in that it makes up for the 28 credits you are spending? I am interested in knowing.

Thanks   

1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member

It is money wasting like boosting and other payments for nothing.

Yep, this bage some increased search results. But with bage or without search is suck. My average position at 30-50 page with not bad profile. So im not surprised that never invited. But scammers able to find me time from time in some way so search works.

Waiting for "search boosting", where you can waste an houndred-two for better place.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members