🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beware of Scammers on Upwork - *Edited*
Page options
nishanthaten
Community Member

Beware of Scammers on Upwork - *Edited*

Dear all,

Beware of the people who post projects on Upwork under the name **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I got nearlly got scammed by these people.

I have spent nearly 48 hours converting a pdf document to word format.

I would be much thankful if the Upwork Management can take necessary actions on the suspisious people who try to scam new comers like me.

I learnt a Valuable lesson.

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
69b2ea9d
Community Member

Thanks for this amazing content .

Thank you.

LuiggiR

Hi Najith,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to learn about your recent experience. I checked the job you were referring to and can confirm that it has been taken down for violating the Terms of Service, and action has been taken on the client's account. 

As a gentle reminder, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service, and a client that suggests this is a typical red flag for possible scams. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud and lose Upwork Payment Protection. A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Sir.

I have learnt a lesson from this incident and will abide by the Upwork TOS at all the time in the future.

Thank you for taking a prompt action in this regard.

Najith.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members