🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Blessed with 20 Free Connects for Top Rated F...
Page options
shansd
Community Member

Blessed with 20 Free Connects for Top Rated Freelancers

As we all know it's hard to become top rated ,So i sujjest to have free 20 Connects (may be more) for the top rated freealncers ,,What do you think

12 REPLIES 12
robin_hyman
Community Member

There are already perks in place when you're Top Rated (ex: ability to remove feedback once every 10 jobs/3 months; access to Top Rated community; ability to send clients off the platform a link so you don't pay Upwork fees, etc.).  

So you get 20 connects.  That's like the ability to submit to 3-4 jobs.  Whoopie!  I wish we would get connects back if a client has no activity on a job post after 30 days....

Robin H wrote:

So you get 20 connects.  That's like the ability to submit to 3-4 jobs.  Whoopie!  I wish we would get connects back if a client has no activity on a job post after 30 days....

For the extreme low-end freelancers that it seems Upwork is hoping paid connects with discourage from constant bidding, that would be like providing a bottomless pit of connects. They're forever talking about how more than half of the jobs they bid on are abandoned...I've seen claims as high as 90%. It would be sort of counterproductive to allow the freelancers who choose the jobs that yield Upwork no money to bid on at such high rates to recycle the same batch of connects indefinitely.

petra_r
Community Member

Chanika D wrote:

As we all know it's hard to become top rated

Is it?

timefighter11
Community Member

Chanika D wrote:

As we all know it's hard to become top rated ,So i sujjest to have free 20 Connects (may be more) for the top rated freealncers ,,What do you think

Hi Chanika, 
We are human, never satisfied with what we have and always look for what we don't have. Even if Upwork accept your suggestion and give 20 connects to all top rated freelancers. That mean more top rated freelancers biding for a specific job and your chances of being hired are lesser than what they are now.This would be another problem & next thing that you would be sharing in community would be why are you not being hired as frequent as before.

So in my opinions, Odds would be the same if not worse. Happy working !

As a perk I'd rather the ability to update my portfolio without creating a specialized profile. Is that possible? Smiley LOL

lysis10
Community Member

As a perk, I'd like the ability to have my own nuke button on fraud accounts.

Jennifer M wrote:

I would also like you to have that.

Tiffany S wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

lol well, if we're giving Upwork a wish list, I figure I would add mine. I don't care about connects, but the fraud on here makes us all look bad and makes me rage when it's so blatant and the profiles stay up.

Jennifer M wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

lol well, if we're giving Upwork a wish list, I figure I would add mine. I don't care about connects, but the fraud on here makes us all look bad and makes me rage when it's so blatant and the profiles stay up.

I'd like a big alarm to go off at Upwork HQ (Homer Simpson style at the Nuclear Power Plant), when anyone using the platform types 'Google Hangout'.

Richard S wrote:

I'd like a big alarm to go off at Upwork HQ (Homer Simpson style at the Nuclear Power Plant), when anyone using the platform types 'Google Hangout'.

lol well, I think they won't just come out and say "Google Hangouts is a red flag" because Upwork uses it. 😄

I wish everyone would just move to GoToMeeting or Zoom tbPh

Jennifer M wrote:

Richard S wrote:

lol well, I think they won't just come out and say "Google Hangouts is a red flag" because Upwork uses it. 😄

I wish everyone would just move to GoToMeeting or Zoom tbPh

I know it's a legit red flag around here, but I love Hangouts and several of my best clients use it. It's actually a great way to connect with people at the interviewing stage or when you're bringing a bunch of people together from different companies because anyone with a Google account can just hop on without having to install anything, it's free, and it's super easy to record and share.

Tiffany S wrote:

I know it's a legit red flag around here, but I love Hangouts and several of my best clients use it. It's actually a great way to connect with people...

Come on guys, now I am feeling nostalgic remembering the good old days of AIM and ICQ. Hahaha... Gee. Remember those cool hacker nerdy nicknames? Smiley LOL

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members