🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Boosted profile but no impressions
Page options
fcda85df
Community Member

Boosted profile but no impressions

I have boosted by profile but received no impressions and clicks. I was wondering what im doing wrong. Is there some specific amount of connects needed to receive impressions. What is the average connects i need to invest. If anyone has recived some impressions please let me know how your budget is looking like. Thank you in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11
williamtcooper
Community Member

Jostel,

Make sure to only apply for exact jobs based upon your Profile. Also note that if 50 freelancers apply for a job that there is only a 2% chance of being hired.

Also note that if 50 freelancers apply for a job that there is only a 2% chance of being hired.

Please do not ratify this absurd assertion usually made by freelancers with $12 in earnings claiming to have spent hundreds of dollars on connects. You certainly know it's utter nonsense.

Let's say a client looking for an app developer gets 50 proposals. 12 are cut-and-paste proposals that only tangentially relate to the posting. 8 are from people whose profile titles are along the lines of Web Designer/Freelance Writer/Data Entry/Transcription/Web Development/Bookkeeping. 15 are from freelancers with little or no Upwork experience and little evidence of their experience. 10 are from developers with mid-level experience and good JSS, with rates ranging from $40-75/hour. Five are from truly excellent developers with 100+ jobs on Upwork, 98-100% JSS, top rated badge, and demonstrable experience that is directly on point, charging between $75 and $160/hour. 

The only way you can truly believe that each of those people has an equal chance of being chosen is if you think the client is using a Bingo hopper to select freelancers.

2% average is a mathmatical fact.

If a freelancer wants to increase their probablity above the 2% average, then there are many areas of focus such as starting with the Academy link above.

She's asking about boosted profile not boosted proposal ig

Aaisha,

I have tried the new profile and project catalog boosts and they appear to work fine for what I promoted.

ArjayM

Hi Valued Members,

We are grateful for the open dialogue our community members engage in here. We want to remind everyone that the Upwork Community is a professional forum and encourage everyone to provide feedback constructively. Remember that when posting comments that specifically identify or address an individual, you refer to an actual person. 

A few posts and replies to them have been removed from this thread as they violated our Community Guidelines. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and be respectful toward other users when posting. Please keep the feedback coming and remember, we are a community of professionals. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,
I boosted by using upwork impressions.
They are not working .

Hi Sundar,

If you did not get any impressions or clicks, I suggest adding or editing your keywords. Make sure to enter at least three to 10 keywords that describe your work. It's also best to select the correct keywords that help match you with clients looking for services like yours, so it’s important to pick keywords that describe what you offer.

You can also stop your boost at any time, and you’ll get a refund of Connects based on clicks. If you cancel your boost before it receives the amount of clicks you paid for, we will refund you the difference after 24 hours.

This is mentioned in our public article: Boost your Project Catalog project

759e32fa_0-1697524508757.png 

I hope the information helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie! Could you please elaborate on using keywords? I am familiar with SEO and using keywords for Google ads, but I don't see any of this functionality on Upwork. I just set the bid now, and all I could choose was the category (very broad btw) and the amount to bid. What am I supposed to optimize for keywords? the profile?

Same question. There's no field on the boosting form to add keywords.

naveenkr10
Community Member

I boosted my profile for 8 times( during 6 to 8 days). I received around 2 invites, the rest of days I just received messages:-

Your Boosted Profile received a billable click and no job invite received.

Hows others experience with Profile Boosting, Is it worth continuing spending or hows it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members