🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » By invitation only job postings
Page options
robert_saunders
Community Member

By invitation only job postings

I found a job posting that I want to land. I read it over and went to the apply button but found an error stating that it was invite only. In the job post the client provided their Linkdin profile. Can we use the Linkdin as a way to ask to be invited to bid on the job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

wrote:

I found a job posting that I want to land. I read it over and went to the apply button but found an error stating that it was invite only. In the job post the client provided their Linkdin profile. Can we use the Linkdin as a way to ask to be invited to bid on the job?

No, you absolutely cannot approach clients outside of Upwork unless you want your account banned, and it was a terms of service violation for the client to have provided that link. You can flag the job as inappropriate and Upwork will make them take it down. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

wrote:

No, you absolutely cannot approach clients outside of Upwork unless you want your account banned, and it was a terms of service violation for the client to have provided that link. You can flag the job as inappropriate and Upwork will make them take it down. 

robert_saunders
Community Member

Thank you for the reply.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members