🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CAN I USE OTHER MARKETPLACE PROFILE LINK AS A...
Page options
imalaminhossain
Community Member

CAN I USE OTHER MARKETPLACE PROFILE LINK AS A PORTFOLIO?

Hi, Recently a client asked me for my portfolio I don't have any website or blog so can show my other marketplaces profile to my client as a portfolio?
If I share my profile link on message is that count as a violation of your TOS?

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

@Al-Amin H wrote:

Hi, Recently a client asked me for my portfolio I don't have any website or blog so can show my other marketplaces profile to my client as a portfolio?

Why don't you add your work samples to your Upwork portfolio?

It's a great idea I add many work samples. But many clients don't want to see visit profile they just ask on job description "do you have work samples?"

If I share my link that's will be very easy and perfect solution for this question

If you have a website what you will do against "do you have work samples?" question?

Just give him the link right?
So what is the difference there between website and another market link?

I just tell clients to look at my (Upwork) profile as everything is there in one place.

@Al-Amin H wrote:

If you have a website what you will do against "do you have work samples?" question?

Just give him the link right?
So what is the difference there between website and another market link?

Because in another marketplace there are other freelancers who could do the job the client has just posted on Upwork. It's not smart business for either you or Upwork for you to direct clients to another marketplace. You should add samples to your portfolio in your Upwork profile. If clients don't want to look at profile portfolios you could keep files locally and send them if samples are requested. 

I usually attach my work to my proposal so it's right there in front of the client, and I tell them they may also feel free to look at my profile. This has always worked fine for me. 

dataextract
Community Member

If you run Upwork, will you allow someone to post  your competitor's link in your site?

My answer is No.

But think a top rated freelancer on another site when he comes to UpWork he has nothing...

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Al-Amin,

Do not share your contact info or any links that lead to websites where you can be contacted directly on your profile. You can send links in your proposal but make sure that if a client contacted you on Upwork, they'll also be hiring and paying you on Upwork.

UPDATE:   It is against the Upwork Terms of Service to request or share contact information prior to the start of a contract, including profiles, proposals, job postings, and invites. For most recent information on sharing information on Upwork please see this help center article

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'd be reluctant to send a link to another marketplace in a proposal because that could very easily be construed as circumvention.

That was my question also. I've got my answer. Thanks, Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths