🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CLient payment issue
Page options
tech-choices
Community Member

CLient payment issue

Hi guys,

One of my client is troubling me. i have develop their website 3 times with fully customization but everytime she comes up with a new suggestion about the design and customization now i have delivered the work everything is complete and still she want me to design it again. i think she doesn't want to pay me. I haven't said anything to her because i am scared of bad review. can anyone sugest me what i can do to avoid bad review and to get rid of this client?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Every time the client comes up with a new suggestion, tell the client it's a great idea, that you'd be happy to do it, AND PUT A PRICE ON IT! 

"Hi YYYYY, what a great idea, I'm sure that would look lovely. The cost for this new element would be $ XXX so I'll get started as soon as you've set up and activated a new milestone for it."

If she doesn't like that, state politely but firmly that the work that was agreed has been completed and that any further work is out of scope and therefor requires additional payment. 

but she is not accepting that its a new requirement. she always said that design is basic requirements and things are not done according to my will so change the design. so in that case i have changed the entire design 3 times. but still she is not satisfied. Now i have delivered the work its been 9 days and she didn't release the payment and now she again comes up with the revision in design change.

Can anyone tell me how i can get paid? set my payments released (i know i will recieve the payment in 14 days)? and avoid the negative review? Do i have to contact the Upwork for this? should i file the complain so they can help me?

Hi Huma,

While I'm not familiar with the contract I can confirm that freelancers aren't required to complete tasks that have not been discussed and agreed at the start of the contract or during the contract, and aren't part of the contract terms. Note that we do have Payment Protection in place for Fixed Price contracts and in case the client declines the payment request that appears to have been submitted, the freelancer will be able to initiate a dispute and our team will follow up with both parties. You can find more information in these Help articles, here and here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

in case of dispute if that wasn't my fault and upwork declare me correct then is there any way that upwork help me to remove the review given by the client?

its been 9 days i have delivered the order if i open a dispute so in that case can i avoid getting the review from client?

Hi Huma,

Feedback represents the user's opinion and because of this, we can't edit these comments or scores, nor can we investigate them for accuracy. You can try to work out any feedback issues you have with your client directly. If the client agrees, you can enable feedback changes from within the contract. For more information, you can check this article. Also, if you make a full refund on the contract, it will stop showing on your profile, but the impact on your JSS will remain.

Please note that the feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members