🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Calendly and Google Meet for Interwiew
Page options
kmp325
Community Member

Calendly and Google Meet for Interwiew

Hey everyone,

This is the message I received from a client after applying for a job. I clicked on the calendly link to schedule an interview time and then received a Google Meet link. After doing so, I searched in a few places to see if this was legit and/or allowed but have been finding varying responses so I have seinfe cancelled the interview I schedule and decide to make sure 100% sure before continuing on. 

They have spent a ton of money and billed a ton of hours in Upwork so they seem legit for sure. 

Would anyone be able to give me a difinitve answer of if I am allowed to go through with this interview via Google Meet!

Thanks!! 

2 REPLIES 2
2ef54d61
Community Member

It's technically against Upwork's ToS to do this and you can request that they meet with you via the built-in video chat options.

However, you will risk the client seeing you as a pain and they move on to another candidate. I've definitely had this happen. 

If the client has spent a ton of money on Upwork, odds are near zero they are scammers. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

All communication must stay on platform until you have a contract in place. That means that no, you cannot use Calendly (that has previously been confirmed by Upwork) nor can you use Google Meet. You are required to use Upwork's message center, which has a built in Zoom calling system for video meetings. Tell the client the TOS requires you to communicate through Upwork until there is a contract, and you'd be happy to meet them using Upwork's integrated Zoom calling feature. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members