🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I Withdraw without having a Tax ID?
Page options
etikacrm
Community Member

Can I Withdraw without having a Tax ID?

Hello, I am a freelancer from Indonesia, I don't have a tax ID because I am not working yet and am not subject to tax in my country. How can I make a withdrawal on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
55c0f26e
Community Member

Hi Etika,

I don't know how whether Upwork has a solution for those wo don't have a tax ID. But I would suggest you to make one. If you're currently not working, you can go to the sub-district office and ask them to make a statement letter saying that you are a freelancer or an entrepreneur. You can then go to the Tax Office in your area and create your NPWP.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
55c0f26e
Community Member

Hi Etika,

I don't know how whether Upwork has a solution for those wo don't have a tax ID. But I would suggest you to make one. If you're currently not working, you can go to the sub-district office and ask them to make a statement letter saying that you are a freelancer or an entrepreneur. You can then go to the Tax Office in your area and create your NPWP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Lina!

ArjayM

Hi Etika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to get your payment methods active, you will need to complete your Tax Information. That said, you need to add your Tax Identification number and complete the form to avoid delays in getting paid. You may go to Settings> Tax Information to proceed.  

Your Tax Identification Number is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

Once you've completed your tax information (Tax residence, Taxpayer identification, and Tax identification number), your payment method should be activated. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members