cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a team with my individual Freelancer account?

antenaina
Antenaina A Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,

I currently have two hourly contracts with two clients and I need to create a team of my own to perform some tasks. In the Settings > My Teams, I see "You do not own any teams" but I don't see any kind of "create a team" options.

Back then (maybe 3 years ago), I already worked as a team member of another individual freelancer. But I really cannot remember if that team was created from an Upwork individual freelancer account, or from Elance or oDesk account when the two platforms were not merged yet. The fee was about 20$/month if I remember well.

I would like to know if I can build a team with my individual Freelancer account and how can I do so? Do I have to register as an agency if I want to create a team?

Thank you for reading :-)

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 5

You need to create an agency and all your agency members have to have their own profile under that agency. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
antenaina
3 of 5

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Hi Antenaina,

You can learn more about the agency setup Katrina is referring to here. Please, note that only the freelancer hired for an hourly contract can work and log time on that contract. Once you create your agency, your team members will have their own separate profiles and will need to be hired on separate contracts to work on the project.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

antenaina
5 of 5

Thank you Valeria, it helped a lot Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS