cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I forwar my client to my portfolio outside oDesk?

Highlighted
Sirajum Munir G Member Since: Jan 24, 2015
1 of 7
Hi!
When I am applying for a job I usually provide my Dribbble or Behance link so that my client can have a clear idea about my skill. But these portfolio site includes my contact info. So I am afraid of violating oDesk policy. Can anyone help?
Thank you
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
2 of 7

Including contact information (or a link to it) in your job applications on oDeskis a direct / indirect violation of oDesk poilcies. Advice: Do not do it....

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
3 of 7

Skype is contact info.

I thought we could give them our Skype id. No?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 7

@Jeff R wrote:

Skype is contact info.

I thought we could give them our Skype id. No?

You can only give out personal contact information after you have been invited to interview, not before and it cannot be posted in your profile. Nor can you send it when applying. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 7

Interesting. I didn't know that.

I always see clients posting jobs, asking if we could leave our skype details when applying. So I thought it was acceptable.

I must admit, I have left my skype id a couple of times. I'll stop doing that now.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Thank you all for the conversation.

I would like to inform you about the recent update in the policies regarding sharing contact information. It is now allowed for oDesk freelancers to include personal contact information in their application and cover letter. 

Note that including contact information in a freelancer's profile is still a violation of the policies.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
7 of 7

Valeria,

Thanks for the update. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS