🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I share Past Clients details with new for...
Page options
ansari_parvej
Community Member

Can I share Past Clients details with new for reference

A client is asking for 5 refereals of companies or client that I have worked with them over upwork, He want talk to them before hiring me.

Can I send? Is Upwork allow for that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
junejo95
Community Member

Contact your previous clients ask them if the're Ok. If they are fine with it thn Upwork should not have problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
junejo95
Community Member

Contact your previous clients ask them if the're Ok. If they are fine with it thn Upwork should not have problem.

One more question is here,  I have got permission to share the contact information from one of my previous clients over skype, can I share the details over upwork with the new client or do I need to ask her to send the same message over upwork? 

You know you can't communicate with a client before hire outside of upwork, right?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tauseef, 

It would be best to check with your previous clients to share their contact information with your potential client. Hopefully, this new client will hire you. 

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery. 

One more question is here,  I have got permission to share the contact information from one of my previous clients over skype, can I share the details over upwork with the new client or do I need to ask her to send the same message over upwork? 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I don't believe it's against ToS to ask your former clients to provide references, but I would never ever ever do that. You were not an employee. You were a freelancer. I would assume that most clients would resent this and feel harrassed, and you would lose them for future jobs. 

Tell the client that is what your feedback on your profile is for. 

Thanks Martina. 

adabekee
Community Member

Thank you for the response Martina 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members