🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can clients view a freelancers time posted wi...
Page options
toreyr
Community Member

Can clients view a freelancers time posted with other active clients?

I had a client ask me how another project was going with a new client, he noted he went to our original contract and noticed it. Is this true?  shouldn't other active clients and contracts, time cards be private?

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Torey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our visibility settings can only give you control over your work. Help you control when, where, and whom you work with by choosing where and when your profile is displayed. However, it isn't possible for contracts to be removed from the Work History. Your feedback really means a lot to us here and I'll share this with our team for review. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Of course, he just needs to look at your profile to see your other jobs and hours. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Anyone can visit your profile and see that you have other jobs in progress, but in your case, it looks like several of the jobs are quite old and possibly inactive, in which case, you can close them yourself.

No client has ever asked me about work that I'm doing for other clients (I would find that pretty intrusive!). I would ask whether he's concerned about timelines for his own project, and offer reassurance.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members