🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a freelancer in Upwork hire other freelan...
Page options
1068a689
Community Member

Can a freelancer in Upwork hire other freelancers in Upwork ?

I am a freelancer here in Upwork as a video editor and I have a lot of work. I have created a client account and I want to hire other freelancers to edit my clients’ videos. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
yofazza
Community Member

Theoretically, it's only allowed if you disclose to the client that you will outsource their job. 

We see veteran freelancers outsource their work, or having more than 1 person working on the same account.

bundie702
Community Member

Freelancers can also be clients, but what you describe sounds unethical to me, since the client hired you to do the job.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Of course! Just be careful about these : 

* First and foremost make sure that your client is aware that you are working as a team. Don't let them think you will personally do the job and in reality delegate it to someone else.

* If you are hired on an hourly contract, only you can work on the job and only you can enter time for your own personal hours.

* If you are hired on a fixed price contract, you can outsource the work. 

* If you want to establish a brand here, work together with other freelancers as a team and be totally transparent to the client there is something called an agency account you may want to look into that. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members